Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice

Ex-member
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
    Not all nightclubs play just dance music. Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music. If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
    At the club I often go to, they play a mixture of dance, then rock (older songs), then hiphop songs, etc.
    Mouse is offline just now so I'll field that one. The two lassies in question like to go to the kind of club where they play nothing but the most moronic music of the day (real music doesn't get a look in) and people are expected to dress up to the nines, something which the Mouse can't abide doing.

Basically, she's between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn't go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she'll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Lamsey+10 May 2004 - 00:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 10 May 2004 - 00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
    Not all nightclubs play just dance music.&nbsp; Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music.&nbsp; If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
    At the club I often go to, they play a mixture of dance, then rock (older songs), then hiphop songs, etc.
    Mouse is offline just now so I&#39;ll field that one. The two lassies in question like to go to the kind of club where they play nothing but the most moronic music of the day (real music doesn&#39;t get a look in) and people are expected to dress up to the nines, something which the Mouse can&#39;t abide doing.

Basically, she&#39;s between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn&#39;t go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she&#39;ll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life. [/b][/quote]
    Look Liam,

Bon Jovi is crap teenie bopper music, not REAL music at all. Let&#39;s talk about the real issue.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    i suggest that not only does she go, but she takes Lamsey with her.. then at least she isnt the only one suffering

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mathea@10 May 2004 - 00:21
    i suggest that not only does she go, but she takes Lamsey with her.. then at least she isnt the only one suffering
    I agree.

Then it&#39;s settled.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Lamsey+9 May 2004 - 17:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 9 May 2004 - 17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparkle1984@9 May 2004 - 23:08
    Not all nightclubs play just dance music.&nbsp; Some of them have themed nights where they play a specific type of music.&nbsp; If there is a club in your city where they play rock music, why not go there with your friend?
    Mouse is offline just now so I&#39;ll field that one. The two lassies in question like to go to the kind of club where they play nothing but the most moronic music of the day (real music doesn&#39;t get a look in) and people are expected to dress up to the nines, something which the Mouse can&#39;t abide doing.

Basically, she&#39;s between a rock and a hard place. If she doesn&#39;t go she pisses off her friends, if she does then she&#39;ll have one of the least enjoyable nights of her life. [/b][/quote]
    I say that she should go ahead and "piss off" the so called friends.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by Mathea@9 May 2004 - 23:21
    On the day that Satan goes to work in a snowplough.

Hobbes - I have actually argued the point that from a musically theoretical standpoint, Bon Jovi are superior to most current popular artists, and nobody has ever been able to provide a satisfactory counterargument.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    sorry StacyI know it isn&#39;t the answer you want but you should go, it&#39;s your pal&#39;s birthday and her 18th after all a biggie. that&#39;s what friends do put themselves out to try and help your pals. after all it&#39;s one night, she&#39;ll go come home, fall asleep then wake up and be none the worse. It isn&#39;t peer presure it is the right thing to do. I hate those clubs as much as you but, you will be with your pals having a drink and a laugh it could be far worse. (you could always wear a personal stereo )

8. Lounge   -   #28
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Right just got back online...........

Unfortunately the music thing is and issue Hobbesey-baby - these clubs my friends go to play nothing but happy hardcore and stuff. Mouse no like.Mouse like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith and Def Leppard and the like.

BUT...

If i can get them to agree to go to a oub crawl or at least go to a club where they play a decent mix I will go&#33; And if they then decide to go to a kind of club I don&#39;t like, we can part ways&#33;

What do ya think?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    If Lamsey doesn&#39;t see a film just because TC recommends it, there&#39;s no way he&#39;ll be going out clubbing.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    BANNED
    take a cd player with u and some headphones then u got ur own rock music
    and u should do what u want and if u wanna be nice 2 ur m8s u should go
    just get drunk 1st

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast