Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Gasoline Reached $2 A Gallon Today In America!

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Having just returned from a road trip taking in 4 states i found it interesting that prices varied according to the gas staions location by incredible amounts.
    Upon entering a town the first station one comes to after a long drive across a plain or desert will be about 30-50 cents per galllon more expensive than the next garage 1/2 a mile down the road.
    A price difference has always been the case in such situations however it was always just a couple of cents. I am not bemoaning the retailers because typically they make only around one cent per gallon and the bulk of the profit goes to the suppliers.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    Yeah, vid, the stations right off the interstate are always highest. I always go a few miles into the city in question. The price drops a lot as you get off the interstate. Location is key. Folks are willing to pay more for the convienance of filling up and jumping right back on the interstate. Me, I'm willing to drive a few miles to save a few bucks.

I'd be willing to bet it's the same in other nations. People are people wherever you go. It's human nature. As for prices, talk to the Saudi's. It's their oil. Maybe if the treehuggers would let us drill some more wells..........oh well, that's a new thread. Or if we'd stop wasting it and come up with alternative fuels that are cheaper and easier to make not to mention easier on the environment. They aren't called 'fossil fuels' for nothing. B)

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    muchspl2
    its not bad now, its down to 1.89 a gallon, thank god because thats my main expense now that i'm a chauffeur

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    $181.9 here today.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    By the by, gas prices go up everydamn year befor Memorial day when US road travel is at it's highest. It never comes all the way down to the previous prices. They do it smart, up it a little at a time so the cattle...errrr...citizens won't complain to much.
    From a previous post. I was to lazy to retype

Happens every year. Sigh, now if premium would drop to a $1.50 or so, I'd get me a turbo. 'Course if I did, I'd need it to outrun the wife

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    still $1:95-7 here, has been for a while......mind you there is a gas station that closed down a while back that is still displaying $1:32

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678