Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gasoline Reached $2 A Gallon Today In America!

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@12 May 2004 - 23:57
    Companies are also charging more to send workers over there because of the conditions they have to work in. I don't know if you've noticed but kidnapping is a big deal there. These guys are in just as much danger as the combatants are. You can't expect someone to go over there and risk their life and get paid practically nothing.
    I was talking "Unskilled" wages....

They dont need to bring any of these people in, there are millions of Iraqi's that would do the work, and it is their country afterall.

If someone's skills are needed, then there would be no argument from me... however there are also 1000's of skilled Iraqi's, so these would be few and far between.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 May 2004 - 12:16
    The money from the oil they sell will go to rebuilding their country.
    No, the money from the oil they sell, will be to pay for the American Companies that came in to rebuild their country.... sometimes the very Companies that made a profit on selling the Munitions that destroyed their country...

They had no choice as to who did the work, the American Government chose them...

They are therefore forced to accept American Companies paying their American Employees $8000 per month for non skilled labour, and where these are at a shortage these companies will consider employing Iraqi's @ $100 per month.

Anywhere else in the world this is called extortion, and deservedly usually winds up in a Jail Sentence...

Welcome to America
    lol

p.s. almost a dollar in vancouver, 99.8c/liter today

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    haha on u amricans.

its a cool 71 cents a liter over here.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    It's about $0.90 a litre here. That's approximately $3.60 a gallon. Even with the conversion, it's still a hell of a lot cheaper in the States than it is here.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@12 May 2004 - 18:13
    Yes, you have said it before "California has and gets everything first"
    the reason gas is so high in california tho is for separate reasons than the rest of the country. due to extremely stricter pollution laws in california, the providers pretty much have to manufacture all the fuel for the state instate, instead of bringing it in from the outside. and with the huge population of california, there is a larger demand on the supply.
    but on the flipside, texas has major supplies of oil of its own, therefore easier to meet demands. that is why we are the only area in the country that gas prices hover in the 1.70 to 1.80 price range.

@noob, yes those companies are based in america, but do you really believe that they hire only americans? don't you think they would be smart enough to go to places like japan where they are a step up in design?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Double Agent
    o damn i forgot to pay at the pump today

just kidding B)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I pay for gas without complaining. Complaining only stresses you out in the real world.

Complaining means nothing if you can't "physically" do anything about it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Double Agent
    complain' is for losers B)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Yeah.Like James Bond and shn never complained about something in their Life.I guess they are just too cool for that.

The Price of Gasoline hurts everybody.From the Price of that Pizza you order to Packages being shipped.

But since this is only a Problem for us Americans none of that really matters now does it.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Double Agent
    well i guess i am not drunk all the time...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast