Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning A Dvd Vob Files

Originally posted by delphin460@13 May 2004 - 15:52
    i use dvdshrink and it works great
    yes it does - but on certain protected DVD's DVD Shrink cant decypt the files

thats where DVD Decrypter comes in

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by mr. nails@13 May 2004 - 16:42
    so, i tried dvd shrink next. i got the dvd to burn, but the dvd plays in frames or something. like it's skipping. anyone know what i did wrong? and how to fix this? thx again guys!
    first of all remember recordable DVD's have only 4.7GB capacity, and the movie DVD's that are bought usually have nearly double this capacity

if you copy the whole DVD to disc. (menu's, extras, laguages, all the different sound tracks, subtitles) then DVD Shrink is going to have to dramatically shrink everything, so the end result as in this case is basically a slide show

so what you would do in this case is just select the main movie in DVD Shrink and deselect anything thats not needed

The end result looks as good as the original

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by AndrewBarker+13 May 2004 - 11:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AndrewBarker @ 13 May 2004 - 11:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mr. nails@13 May 2004 - 16:42
    so, i tried dvd shrink next.&nbsp; i got the dvd to burn, but the dvd plays in frames or something.&nbsp; like it&#39;s skipping.&nbsp; anyone know what i did wrong?&nbsp; and how to fix this?&nbsp; thx again guys&#33;
    first of all remember recordable DVD&#39;s have only 4.7GB capacity, and the movie DVD&#39;s that are bought usually have nearly double this capacity

if you copy the whole DVD to disc. (menu&#39;s, extras, laguages, all the different sound tracks, subtitles) then DVD Shrink is going to have to dramatically shrink everything, so the end result as in this case is basically a slide show

so what you would do in this case is just select the main movie in DVD Shrink and deselect anything thats not needed

The end result looks as good as the original [/b][/quote]
    it wasn&#39;t a straight dvd burn. i got the file and burned it. total of file is 4.35.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    can u use nero 5.5 or do u need 6.0 for dvd shrink?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    can u use nero 5.5 or do u need 6.0 for dvd shrink?
    Quote from a DVD Shrink help site
    burn directly to a dvd once encoding is finished with either Nero 5 or 6 installed
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by mr. nails@13 May 2004 - 19:47
    it wasn&#39;t a straight dvd burn. i got the file and burned it. total of file is 4.35.
    QUOTE (mr. nails @ 13 May 2004 - 16:42)
    so, i tried dvd shrink next.&nbsp; i got the dvd to burn, but the dvd plays in frames or something.&nbsp; like it&#39;s skipping.&nbsp; anyone know what i did wrong?&nbsp; and how to fix this?&nbsp; thx again guys&#33;&nbsp;
    try playing the original vob files with VideoLan to make sure the original is ok

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    yep, works fine with videolan.

this is what i did. first off i have nero 5.5 and sonics record now programs. also, sonics my dvd, but sonics my dvd doesn&#39;t recognize these files. so it says.

1. opened up dvd shrink
    2. open files
    3. BACKUP&#33;
    4. then it backups up file (for some reason, i haven&#39;t played with this program long enough to figure it out)
    5. after it backs up the files it burns to dvd.

after it burned the dvd i tried in pc, ps2, and xbox and it plays the same in all 3. i&#39;ve only tried once so maybe a bad disk, but i doubt it. i will try later and hope it works. unless i did it wrong. did i?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    it sounds as if you are doing everything ok

the only thing I can suggest is to try doing it with no other programs running

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12