Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlook Replacement

Originally posted by Cl1mh4224rd@16 May 2004 - 00:00
    AFAIK, you can't check Hotmail accounts from Thunderbird.
    try Hotmail Popper

Hotmail Popper is a small application that allows you to check your Hotmail account e-mail from a normal POP mail client (such as Eudora, IncrediMail, Mozilla Thunderbird, Opera, Netscape, etc). Unlike standard mail accounts which allow users to retrieve their e-mail through a POP mail client, Hotmail can normally only be checked on the web. With Hotmail Popper, you can use your favorite POP mail client to retrieve your e-mail from your Hotmail account. In addition, Hotmail Popper allows you to send e-mails through Hotmail's service, as if it was a normal SMTP (outgoing mail) server

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@15 May 2004 - 11:09
    Mozilla Thuderbird maybe?

-- Xero Grid --

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Okay, I have to admit. I've never used an e-mail client before. I only used to use web based e-mail mostly because I never got a lot of e-mail. But, I want to know, do any of the ones listed have the abiity to read HTML e-mail as pure text?

That's what I really want. I blocked a lot of web-bugs in my HOSTS file, but that doesn't prevent all of them.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by Sparsely+15 May 2004 - 20:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 15 May 2004 - 20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xero Grid@15 May 2004 - 11:09

-- Xero Grid --
    [/b][/quote]
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15

Not sure if there&#39;s a way to do it in Thunderbird...but the Junk Mail settings "sanitize" the HTML messages....whatever that means

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by sparsely

Not sure if there&#39;s a way to do it in Thunderbird...but the Junk Mail settings "sanitize" the HTML messages....whatever that means&nbsp;
    Sanitizing HTML means that malicious scripts can&#39;t run and images on the page aren&#39;t displayed.

Why would you want that?

Because the nasty scripts won&#39;t be able to install virii or trojans on your computer.
    Because the loading of certain images in spam can confirm the existence of your email account to the spammer. That is a bad thing and will lead to you getting even more spam... duh.

Hope thats understandable.

edit: damn.. new page&#33; *hits the quote button*

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Mozilla Thunderbird all the way&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Yep, that&#39;s exactly why I don&#39;t want HTML mail.
    Oh, I forgot. Is there any client that has the ability to identify whether an e-mail has html without opening it. Like it will have some kind of special icon next to the e-mail while searching for new mail or notification before opening it?

-- Xero Grid --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    My Thunderbird guru friend said you can do the HTML > plain text thing by adding this to your user.js

Code:
    // HTML messages display &#40;0 - HTML, 1 - plain text&#41;&#58;
    user_pref&#40;&#34;mailnews.display.html_as&#34;, 1&#41;;
    Thanks Lowest

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    blank BT Rep: +1
    [i]Originally posted by uNz[i]+16 May 2004 - 02:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz @ 16 May 2004 - 02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sparsely

Not sure if there&#39;s a way to do it in Thunderbird...but the Junk Mail settings "sanitize" the HTML messages....whatever that means
    Sanitizing HTML means that malicious scripts can&#39;t run and images on the page aren&#39;t displayed.

Why would you want that?

Because the nasty scripts won&#39;t be able to install virii or trojans on your computer.
    Because the loading of certain images in spam can confirm the existence of your email account to the spammer. That is a bad thing and will lead to you getting even more spam... duh.

Hope thats understandable.

edit: damn.. new page&#33; *hits the quote button* [/b][/quote]
    thanks for all ur help guys. Just to point out that avast anti virus has a good script control that works on everything from web pages to emails. (for the guy who didnt know what it meant)
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast