Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Everything Guide

rossco, i've recently switched to firefox and i'm surprised to find that the cleanup software u posted doesn't support firefox (except for window washer, but lots of tweaks need to be done in order for the support to be effective)

i mean firefox user base is growing, dun u think u should include software that supports firefox as well?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by gildan2020@16 June 2004 - 10:49
    rossco, i've recently switched to firefox and i'm surprised to find that the cleanup software u posted doesn't support firefox (except for window washer, but lots of tweaks need to be done in order for the support to be effective)

i mean firefox user base is growing, dun u think u should include software that supports firefox as well?

gildan2020
    I also use Firefox, v0.9, and i find that I no longer need windowwasher, or any other programs like it for that matter, to use with Firefox.

Just simply click tools>options>privacy>then hit "clear" for whatever sections of crap you want to clear.

Then you can continue using widowasher, or another program, to clean up what windows or IE leaves behind on teh odd occasion that you use it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Windows XP Prefetch

The windows Prefetch keeps copies of a programs exe file and loads it into memory when iwndows is started. While this usually helps programs to start faster, there are often many old programs that were uninstalled or used only one in the prefetch.

Browse to C:\WINDOWS\PREFETCH to open the prefetch folder

Deleting all of the files in this folder is perfectly safe, the next bootup will be much faster, and more ram will be freed up. As you start using your everyday programs they will be copied back into the prefetch folder. But atleast you freed up the wasted space and resources from old unused programs.
    Im sorry ROSSCO_2004, i have to disagree, with your last paragraph....
    The next bootup will be slower (as windows has to preftech those files on that boot), but the following boots will be quicker

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Lite@19 June 2004 - 15:39
    Windows XP Prefetch

The windows Prefetch keeps copies of a programs exe file and loads it into memory when iwndows is started. While this usually helps programs to start faster, there are often many old programs that were uninstalled or used only one in the prefetch.

Browse to C:\WINDOWS\PREFETCH to open the prefetch folder

Deleting all of the files in this folder is perfectly safe, the next bootup will be much faster, and more ram will be freed up. As you start using your everyday programs they will be copied back into the prefetch folder. But atleast you freed up the wasted space and resources from old unused programs.
    The next bootup will be slower (as windows has to preftech those files on that boot), but the following boots will be quicker
    Nope, i know from experience (unless this is only on my computer), the first boot goes really fast, then after it is booted up all your programs take a while to load the first time.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+20 June 2004 - 00:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 20 June 2004 - 00:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@19 June 2004 - 15:39
    Windows XP Prefetch

Browse to C:&#092;WINDOWS&#092;PREFETCH to open the prefetch folder

Nope, i know from experience (unless this is only on my computer), the first boot goes really fast, then after it is booted up all your programs take a while to load the first time. [/b][/quote]
    Hmmm, strange, i notice quite the opposite result (about the first boot) , thats on multiple PCs

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Lite+20 June 2004 - 05:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 20 June 2004 - 05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@20 June 2004 - 00:38
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lite
    @19 June 2004 - 15:39
    Windows XP Prefetch

Nope, i know from experience (unless this is only on my computer), the first boot goes really fast, then after it is booted up all your programs take a while to load the first time.
    Hmmm, strange, i notice quite the opposite result (about the first boot) , thats on multiple PCs [/b][/quote]

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+20 June 2004 - 15:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 20 June 2004 - 15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lite@20 June 2004 - 05:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lite
    Windows XP Prefetch

Hmmm, strange, i notice quite the opposite result (about the first boot) , thats on multiple PCs
    [/b][/quote]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Lite+20 June 2004 - 10:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lite @ 20 June 2004 - 10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@20 June 2004 - 15:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lite
    Windows XP Prefetch

[/b][/quote]

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+20 June 2004 - 15:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 20 June 2004 - 15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lite@20 June 2004 - 10:47
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@20 June 2004 - 15:26
    <!--QuoteBegin-Lite
    Windows XP Prefetch

[/b][/quote]
    :helpsmile:

/me stops spamming

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ok that&#39;s going a little "SILLY" for a pinned topic. Stay serious now.

btw, a tip when cleaning the computer is to automate certain task to run very late around 2-3 am. Saves time for people on the go

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast