Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chewie Is Pissed Off...

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@14 June 2004 - 22:07
    id look around for media - if youre in the uk, check out http://www.thedvdforums.co.uk/, where youll find some great offers and such like..id pay around 30-40p per disk for a stack of 25 at the moment
    (youll need to register - takes a day or so then go to the bargain forum)

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/SV..._Offers_15.html is a recent link taken from that site for dvd disks
    OK, registered at the forum, although not being able to see it before registering is a little odd. :-/

I've been using SVP for a long time now; they're cheap and very reliable.

@ SingaBoiy:
    Ritek's .G04 dye appears to be highly regarded. Things weren't always like this... Ritek had one of the worst names in blank disc manufaxturing due to the silvering flaking - made worse by the top layer being really shit.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY buying a huge bundle of disks without knowing if they will work with your dvd writer and player.

As i've told so many people, find out which media is suitable with your writer and player first.
    Robert00000

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Success; Datasafe with the Ritek .G04 dye seem to work fine.

To think I'd spent so much time pissing around before finding it's the simplest of solutions. Still, I've learned quite a lot in the past week and a half.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    glad to have been of help

and i know, its kinda wierd not being able to see the forum - and it can take a while to get in, but once you are its great

i login under someone else's account, so dont post much, but the bargains are amazing, and on allsorts, not just IT
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12