Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Temps Again

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Lynx,

Try fooling with the min/max setting for the fan.
    With my Asus it worked best between 60-85%.

Now, on the ABIT, it doesn't do anything till I get down to 10-15%.
    And it's not very sensitive even there....seems to be either full whack or nothing.

That's why I gave up using it, at least temporarily.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    angel_of_death57
    Well something i found odd one of the sensors on Speed fan says 128'C its crazy but it just says Temp3 it is telling me my HDD Temp, CPU and Mobo sowhats this 128'c temp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@20 June 2004 - 11:43
    Well something i found odd one of the sensors on Speed fan says 128'C its crazy but it just says Temp3 it is telling me my HDD Temp, CPU and Mobo sowhats this 128'c temp
    Call the fire department.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    angel_of_death57
    Its really wierd it cannot be true 128'C is crazy

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    nice, vb, really helpful. I know you know why it says that, so why don't you tell him.

It's probably a faulty sensor, or a sensor that isn't really there, the motherboard or sensor or just the program is reporting faulty temps, don't worry about it. No part in your computer could last at 128degrees.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@20 June 2004 - 20:17
    Its really wierd it cannot be true 128'C is crazy
    Speedfan doesn't configure itself for the motherboard, only for the sensor chip. If the chip has the possibility of three sensors, but only has two attached, Speedfan will still tell you the reading from the third (unconnected) sensor. Simply go into the configuration and untick the box which says you've got a temp 3.

Clocker, I notice that there's a later version which supports the Nforce2 chipset and cooling, that version wasn't around when I tried it. No use to me now, I'm on water cooling if you remember. I might try it for case fan control though.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    angel_of_death57
    Ah right it will be a disconnected sensor the BIOS sensor's the CPU and Mobo are reading fine and the HDD sensor is fine also it must be a disconnected sensor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123