Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For J2k4

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I am somewhat my own and only constituent in most matters, however, I have determined J&#39;Pol is the gate-keeper at the other end of the wormhole I&#39;m in charge of here in the U.S.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-j&#39;pol

Who or what is this authority which you refer to, it is neither j2 or I, that can only be something that you have created in your own head.[/quote]

2. Lounge   -   #22
    kids eh&#39;
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by GepperRankins+22 June 2004 - 09:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GepperRankins @ 22 June 2004 - 09:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@
    I am somewhat my own and only constituent in most matters, however, I have determined J&#39;Pol is the gate-keeper at the other end of the wormhole I&#39;m in charge of here in the U.S.
    <!--QuoteBegin-j&#39;pol

Who or what is this authority which you refer to, it is neither j2 or I, that can only be something that you have created in your own head.
    [/b][/quote]
    What do you think he means ? Do you actually think that j2 was serious, because I am seriously begining to doubt your ability to comprehend anything other than the most basic use of English.

I really despair, perhaps when you are here a bit longer you will realise when people are having a laugh. Especially at their own expense, it&#39;s quite a nice thing to do sometimes.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+22 June 2004 - 17:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 22 June 2004 - 17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by GepperRankins+22 June 2004 - 09:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GepperRankins &#064; 22 June 2004 - 09:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@
    I am somewhat my own and only constituent in most matters, however, I have determined J&#39;Pol is the gate-keeper at the other end of the wormhole I&#39;m in charge of here in the U.S.
    <!--QuoteBegin-j&#39;pol

Who or what is this authority which you refer to, it is neither j2 or I, that can only be something that you have created in your own head.
    [/b][/quote]
    What do you think he means ? Do you actually think that j2 was serious, because I am seriously begining to doubt your ability to comprehend anything other than the most basic use of English.

I really despair, perhaps when you are here a bit longer you will realise when people are having a laugh. Especially at their own expense, it&#39;s quite a nice thing to do sometimes. [/b][/quote]
    sorry. i have a habit of reading the lines rather than between them.

guess the intellectuals win this round

5. Lounge   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Nothing intellectual about it.

I&#39;ve had this go &#39;round many times, as has J&#39;Pol, I&#39;m sure.

The fact is, if you didn&#39;t understand, you couldn&#39;t respond as you have, so any perception of snobbery is itself artifice, no?

In other words, GOTCHA&#33;&#33;

Do you concur, J&#39;Pol?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by j2k4@22 June 2004 - 21:04

The fact is, if you didn&#39;t understand, you couldn&#39;t respond as you have, so any perception of snobbery is itself artifice, no?

i&#39;m confused, i admit you um.... out smarted me?

anyway the point is i admit defeat (that the adequate smilie?)

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@22 June 2004 - 22:04

Absolutement

I am in no way intellectual, I know people who are and confess to feeling humbled when interacting with them. I have had protracted discussions with a particular QC (Queens Council) who could cut you when he is thinking. He is that feckin sharp, he also has a stunning knowledge of the law, but that is really not the impressive thing. It&#39;s his ability to understand and reason. It is frankly beyond my ken. Please note that I am not normally impressed by the legal profession, this chap just happens to be in it.

However I have noticed that being described as an "intellectual" in some circles is basically an insulting term. It should be read with sarcasm dripping from the words.

I totally agree, the chap has demonstrated a perfect understanding of what is going on and the meaning of the discussions. Disingenuous in the extreme methinks.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 16:33
    I am in no way intellectual, I know people who are and confess to feeling humbled when interacting with them.
    I reject intellectualism; I find it the exclusive domain of the "anointed".

I am, instead, an American.

I should point out that, in my experience, most intellectuals (those who think of themselves as such) are from France.

If I were a true and worthy intellectual (not one of those cheap French models), you couldn&#39;t trifle with me (J&#39;Pol alluded to this); nothing could be further from reality-a simple reading of select threads will reveal the truth of what I say.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123