Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expert Problem

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by lynx@23 June 2004 - 04:13
    So you need to tell the router the username and password (and service name if used) so that the router can do the dialing.
    thats the problem, it wont dial......... it (= the router) keeps telling me "failed to connect"

@ twister: tried that.......

i think ill take bigdawg's advice........ i think the damn thing may be broken (2 bad i dont have the receit anymore :'()
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    I had a problem similar to this. I could only have one pc/device online at a time.

I went to the router ip address (192.168.1.1) and entered pass. Then went to DHCP settings and the # of users for some reason was set to 2. But only one thing could connect like that. So I put it at 5 and now all can connect.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    just checking

you are connecting the modem to the router via the link connection on the router right

if so can you the access the the internet with at least one of the computers

when i had my network setup with that config, each computer actualy connected to the internet with its own broadband dial up settings

eg i did a pppoe for each comp to connect , ( did the network wiz on each comp to connect directly to the internet via broadband ) thus i had each comp on its own ip address at my isp

i only had a speed touch home modem and was not able to set the modem to stay online by its self without a computer connected and pppoe used

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by delphin460@23 June 2004 - 20:38
    i only had a speed touch home modem and was not able to set the modem to stay online by its self without a computer connected and pppoe used
    Was it a modem\reouter or just a modem, and a seperate router? cause keeping the connection active without each computer having to connect is the job of the router...u either had it setup wrong or were using a hub\switch not a router...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    ok forget most of what i said above as i just saw the router details in the previous page

ok , so you have a broadband router without a inbuilt modem

thus if you can get the router to connect the modem and keep it online ( with the built in pppoe of the router ) and one comp can access the net

make sure the other computers are connected and restart them , and the check there ip addresses

they should all be in the same ip range eg 192.168.0.something

do this by opening a command prompt window and typing ipconfig on each comp

once they are all on the same ip range you will need to do a network wizard on each comp and tell the wiz each comp connects via a hub or gateway and they should also work as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123