Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L A P D In Trouble........

TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by sampson+24 June 2004 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sampson @ 24 June 2004 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 11:01
    Originally posted by manker@24 June 2004 - 16:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave
    @24 June 2004 - 16:40
    he shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i think the LAPD are setting a good example and others shud follow

one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn&#39;t happen to me.

the guys shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33;
    That&#39;s exactly right. You hope a cop doesn&#39;t do that to you, sure. But if he did, I bet you&#39;d think twice about commiting a crime again. I don&#39;t think we should adopt this policy but I&#39;ll use it as an example. As everyone knows, in some places around the Middle East, your hand is chopped off if you&#39;re caught stealing. Excessive yes, but effective none the less. Ever seen a guy with no hands? Of course not, they learn the first time. [/b][/quote]
    too right&#33; im not saying everyone caught should be beaten like in the video but im sure the bastard deserved it

2. Lounge   -   #12
    isn&#39;t the police officer breaking the law? so really he should be beaten over the head 20 times with a torch to disuade police beating <-- ooh a contradiction

3. Lounge   -   #13
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    There was another high-speed chase in L.A. today and it ended peacefully.

Why do these people think that they can run from the police? I have never understood why someone would try to run when there are police cars and helicopters chasing after you. I would never run from the police unless I was a tank of gas away from Mexico. That should be the general rule for running away from cops; don’t run unless you’re a tank of gas away from another countries border.

Of course I am in no way condoning fleeing from the police.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    damn pigs

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Innocent until prov-en guilty in a court of law

Stealing is wrong & should be punished

Brutality is wrong & should be punished

The punishment should be dished out by the courts not the cops

Just a grateful user!

6. Lounge   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by user123@24 June 2004 - 18:49
    Innocent until prov-en guilty in a court of law&nbsp;
    I don’t think that their innocence is being questioned. They were in a car, which had been reported, stolen and were running from the police.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    *goddess*'s Avatar Oh bugger BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    They still don&#39;t deserve to be bashed.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Beating a suspect is not the way to go, but were they motivated by something not shown to the general public?
    Did the suspects cause harm or injury to anyone while fleeing? Did they cause harm or injury to anyone while breaking the law?
    Police are only human and maybe sometimes their emotions or issues boil over and affect the way they deal with suspects.
    <span style='color:green'>Never look to others for happiness...it lives inside you

</span>

9. Lounge   -   #19
    *goddess*'s Avatar Oh bugger BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don&#39;t see that as an excuse tho. Yes, there may have been other stuff we haven&#39;t seen, but it&#39;s up to the courts to judge that. Losing control of your emotions is no excuse, we are all capable of it but would be in big trouble if we gave in to it.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by *goddess*@25 June 2004 - 00:39
    Losing control of your emotions is no excuse, we are all capable of it but would be in big trouble if we gave in to it.
    Which is why the jails are full eh

I wasn&#39;t trying to make excuses for the police, just trying not to judge them or the suspects.
    <span style='color:green'>Never look to others for happiness...it lives inside you

</span>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast