Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.4.5

Less tools, smaller installer size. Is not necessary to add virtualdub because a lot of people already have a media player installed like WMP, MPC (included in k-lite codec pack), or Avipreview (included in kazaa lite)

I found another bug. I chose not to install GSpot but it still displays the Gspot "tools" shortcut in KL Extensions. have fun, nsane

2. File Sharing   -   #162

Surprised/Amazed

Nsane, I have a question. Why can't I use resource hacker anymore on this version? I thought kazaa lite K++ suppose to be an open source p2p, what's going on.

3. File Sharing   -   #163
    nsane's Avatar .
    Nsane, I have a question. Why can't I use resource hacker anymore on this version? I thought kazaa lite K++ suppose to be an open source p2p, what's going on.
    as of 2.4.5.4, most files are packed using UPX (makes the program faster). you simply need to download upx and unpack the files to reshack em. if you need help unpacking it PM me

@djchris - yeah, i noticed the gspot tools entries were linked to the wrong component. but that was also when i was removing gspot from the next release

also, you wouldnt believe how small the installer actually is compared to all the stuff it has, look at KLT K++ (13MB, for damn-near the same thing). but the actual size hog has actually been the bannedIPs file (been updated ALOT in the past few months, ~1.20MB atm)
    Last edited by nsane; 11-10-2004 at 06:04 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #164
    nsane,

The version of MP3 Shield in 2.4.5.8 is version 2.0 instead of 2.0 b. I don't know if anyone had the same issue, but 2.0 b did scan mp3 files as they were being downloaded, but 2.0 did not.

In the setup, in the Select Components area, Configuration is misspelled (The Configuration Wizard).

Looking forward to 2.4.5.9

5. File Sharing   -   #165
    nsane's Avatar .
    ok, i redownloaded mp3shield from their site. but it seems to be the same file, added it any ways, to be sure...

and thanks for the heads up on the typo

6. File Sharing   -   #166
    nsane's Avatar .
    2.4.5.9 released, see first post for downloads and details

7. File Sharing   -   #167
    nsane,

The version of MP3 Shield is still 2.0 instead of 2.0 b. Version 2.0 doesn't scan mp3 files while they're being downloaded. You used to have 2.0 b in earlier versions of K++. Also, the kmagnet.exe file has to be run manually and magnet files have to registered manually (even having that option checked in setup doesn't register them). Everything else is normal.

8. File Sharing   -   #168
    nsane's Avatar .
    you are aware that there isnt a way to tell 2.0 from 2.0b right? the one from their site the latest version (2.0b), it just dosent say it physicly. i could change the registry entry for the version number, but it would probably mess with the update checker

Example

9. File Sharing   -   #169
    Well surprisingly, MP3 Shield is working now. I didn't change anything which is weird. It's just that before, it didn't show that green scanning circle on the MP3 Shield icon when I downloaded an mp3 file. Now it does

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617