Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is Too Good....

Double Agent
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+29 June 2004 - 21:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank @ 29 June 2004 - 21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@29 June 2004 - 23:01
    so why worry about it ?
    Why worry about it? I’ll tell you why. This film is being touted around the globe and winning honors at film festivals.

I worry about it because there are plenty of people in this country that are stupid enough to believe this kind of garbage and think that it’s brilliant. The sad part about that is that some of them are actually going to vote for President. People seem to think that just because it’s a documentary that all the facts are backed up and that’s just not the case. Just look at the post in Movieworld for example; people in there seem to think that this film is the next best thing next to Romeo and Juliet.

Not only that but think of how this makes us look to foreign countries. [/b][/quote]
    well guess what, America is a democratic country and there are ppl like you, who are right wing extremists, who think the other half of the american population should just blindly follow and BELIEVE that everything that Bush does is rightous and holy.

If you truely believe that, that you are a fool and if Bush gets re-elected there will be another 4 years of misery not only for Americans but also for the world.

so wake up and smell the roses

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@30 June 2004 - 00:43
    It&#39;s not a documentary. It irks me that these films are being classified as such, but until someone creates a more appropriate category (something along the lines of an editorial), films like this will continue to be misclassified.

MagicNakor I have the classification for this movie:

the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

Definition: Propaganda

@JamesBond: I find an article pointing out that this movie is nothing but contradiction and made up facts and that makes me an extremist? You told me to wake up and smell the roses but I think you need to practice what you preach. It’s you yourself who blindly follows Moore and believes whatever he says to be fact not me.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Double Agent
    then how do you know if everything Bush said is true? did he not lie to us about the War? about Sadam?

He lied about a lot of other things

and after all this you are still pro-bush?

Tell me, what do you stand to benefit if Bush gets re-elected? Do you get to rebuild something in Iraq?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    You have no defense for this movie being a piece of garbage so like a typical liberal you attack Bush because you don’t have anything else.

As for my stance on if Bush “lied” to the American public I’m not going to get into that again. My stance on that is well documented here so if you to know where I stand just read up a bit.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@30 June 2004 - 19:04
    @JamesBond: I find an article pointing out that this movie is nothing but contradiction and made up facts and that makes me an extremist? You told me to wake up and smell the roses but I think you need to practice what you preach. It’s you yourself who blindly follows Moore and believes whatever he says to be fact not me.
    I believe that the USA is a Court Culture...

ie: If there are libels then there will be court action.

If, therefore MM isnt sued by those he calls names....then by definition they mustnt be able to defend themselves against the Accusations in Court.

That is the risk MM takes in making films of this type, and the risk that politians face by taking office.

And there are still people in the USA that believe Clinton/Gore are Democrats, just because they ran on that platform

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@30 June 2004 - 11:21
    You have no defense for this movie being a piece of garbage so like a typical liberal you attack Bush because you don’t have anything else.

As for my stance on if Bush “lied” to the American public I’m not going to get into that again. My stance on that is well documented here so if you to know where I stand just read up a bit.
    I dont need some movie to tell me how to vote. Bush&#39;s erratic behaviour and actions alone are proof to me that he is a rash, ,reckless, arragant, and irresponsible man unfit for the role of a leader.

The fact that you are supporting Bush means you have something to gain by doing so.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@30 June 2004 - 12:21
    You have no defense for this movie being a piece of garbage
    He has no need.
    The description, " a piece of garbage" is your opinion of the movie, not immutable fact.

BBH, have you even seen this film?
    If not, your "opinion" of it is not only irrelevant, but laughable, too.

How can we accept input from someone who refuses to even experience the event?

Proclaiming from atop a bandwagon constructed of the opinions of others makes for a bumpy ride.

sheesh, could I have mixed any more metaphors there?

"I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Double Agent
    lol ya nice metaphor there clocker

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@30 June 2004 - 02:08
    You think Christopher Hitchens is a "flaming lib"?
    I get Vanity Fair ( it was a gift, so don&#39;t even start) and read Hitchens every month.
    Sometimes I agree and others, not, but I would hardly characterize him as liberal.
    More a wannabe journalistic icon, a second rate Tom Wolfe, lacking both the talent and sartorial flair of his idol.
    But NOT a "flaming lib".

Nice try though.
    Excuse me, sir, but compared to me, he&#39;s a flaming lib; occasionally lapsed, perhaps, but there you have it.

Busyman-

As has been borne out by your previous commentaries, and contrary to your assertion here, I think the award for "Most Galvanizing and Polarizing Performance in the Role of POTUS" would go to Ronald Reagan, with apologies to Nixon, whose relative popularity was (by international standards) quite robust.

Maybe you had to be there.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Clocker me not seeing the movie does not change the fact that it’s full of contradictions and inaccuracies. My opinion is that its garbage backed up the evidence provided by the article, which is posted in the beginning of this thread.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast