Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Wmd Found In Iraq

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    PS: anti-spam sucks balls
    i know how u feel

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    An interesting snippet I caught on Radio 4 book programme...

One of the reason that the Iraqis were in a degree of disarray prior to the Coalition invasion March 03 was that the Iraqi generals had very limited access to Saddam. He was in the process of proof reading his third romantic novel prior to going to print and did not want to be disturbed. He has, apparently, over the last few months all but completed his fourth.

For those interested, the critics said his style is classical Arabic, detailed and lurid "like the wall murals he was so fond of".

Apparently Gadaffi is also a keen writer - although he is, it would seem, rather good - if a tad intellectual and depressing. It was noted that his theme (unlike Saddams love of Romance) is alienation and the stuggle of Islam in a technological age (I suspect I will stick with Douglas Adams).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Maybe there is some correlation between Dictators and the Arts?

I hear the guy in North Korea is a Movie Buff, and Stalin loved The Opera...

What further proof do we need to take Public Funding out of the Arts?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@5 July 2004 - 23:42
    Maybe there is some correlation between Dictators and the Arts?

I hear the guy in North Korea is a Movie Buff, and Stalin loved The Opera...

What further proof do we need to take Public Funding out of the Arts?
    Or make sure they get funded early on in their careers and give dictating a miss.

Just imagine if Hitler had got into Vienna Art School and had worked in a garret for the next 40 years.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    All of which goes to prove the worth of crossword puzzles, as I mentioned earlier.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    @ vidcc

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Ahhh

It was Weapons of Magnificent Deceit.

The CIA would appear to be taking a spanking for the naughtiness of others methinks. Most noble.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Salfin
    Originally posted by rollwave@3 July 2004 - 17:43
    Polish troops found 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, a deadly nerve agent. I wonder why nobody has mentioned that yet? Hmmmm? Oh that's right. The media has already settled the issue. There are and never were WMD in Iraq.
    Are these seventeen rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin, which you point out is a deadly nerve agent, truely a weapon of mass destruction? If launched would they cause mass destruction to untold thousands, tens of thousands? Are they even in functioning order? Would they even come close to reaching the shores of the US?

I think it's kind of odd to say 17 rockets armed with warheads containing cyclosarin are weapons of mass destruction, when the United States has the weaponry to destroy the world how many times over?

I suppose it's good to know that the US is working very hard to rid the world of powerful weapons of destruction. But I suppose the US must take baby-steps, ridding the world of the terrible threat that these 17 rockets, armed with poison posed.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Wow, theres not many Boards I go to that still bitches on about the "Liberal Media"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast