Thread: What's Going On With My Pc?

My computer has been acting funny lately...I've had some startup problems where it says I can't startup cause I'm missing windows/config/system32 file...press 'r' to repair...anyways I just press any key, then it starts normally. Also for some strange reason I had to re-activate windows...I couldn't get an internent connection so I had to call microsoft on the phone. And, now whenever I right click anything the menu is slow to appear. I also have cracked versions of sygate and norton antiV corporate...It says I have to update them, however they are fully updated....I ran a scandisk, defrag, viruscheck...no problems.
    Can anybody tell me what's going on, and what I should do?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'd just reinstall windows. Easiest way to fix it.

Have you tried scanning for spyware though? and have you changed any hardware recently?

edit: btw, i think this should be moved to software world.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    yeah i scanned spyware with adware and spybot. Does reinstalling windows mean I'll lose all my data? what about a registry cleaning program? oh, I don't know how to move this to software world.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Rather than reformat or completely reinstall Windows, you could just perform a repair installation of windows, which will leave all your data in tact.
    It will only replace/overwrite/add all the system files.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by brucelee21@8 July 2004 - 16:38
    oh, I don't know how to move this to software world.
    Oh, you can't move it, when a mod comes in he will move it, or you could pm one and ask them to.