Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Video Card Geforce Fx 5200

Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+10 July 2004 - 21:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 &#064; 10 July 2004 - 21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spindulik@10 July 2004 - 22:53
    Originally posted by Tormentor@10 July 2004 - 23:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik
    @10 July 2004 - 19:43
    As usual, I end up partitioning and reformatting my hard drive as a means of "cleaning house". I do this 3 to 4 times a year. My belief is, if you don&#39;t do this once a year, you shouldn&#39;t own a computer.

Your wrong, if your forced to remormat 3-4 times a year you shouldn&#39;t own a computer. I have not reformated in 2 years and my computer is running faster then ever.

2 YEARS&#33; And you are not embarrassed to say that? Your hard drive is 2 years old?

You shouldn&#39;t be allowed to own a computer. Maybe you don&#39;t do power computing like I do.

I already sucked up 40GB of hard drive space today, doing some DVD editing with RAW non-compressed AVI files. I beat the hell out of my computer. There is so much crap on my computer, (and I am a pack rat). I have to sort the good and the bad. I have to clean house quarterly. It is a given. Computer hygiene.
    Don&#39;t see what DVDs and AVIs have to do with formatting. [/b][/quote]
    I think a re format is only called for when you have a problem that is unfixable. Re formatting just becuase its stuffed with crap shows the person is too lazy to fix it them selfs.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tormentor+10 July 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tormentor &#064; 10 July 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Spindulik@10 July 2004 - 20:53
    Originally posted by Tormentor@10 July 2004 - 23:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik
    @10 July 2004 - 19:43
    As usual, I end up partitioning and reformatting my hard drive as a means of "cleaning house". I do this 3 to 4 times a year. My belief is, if you don&#39;t do this once a year, you shouldn&#39;t own a computer.

Your wrong, if your forced to remormat 3-4 times a year you shouldn&#39;t own a computer. I have not reformated in 2 years and my computer is running faster then ever.

2 YEARS&#33; And you are not embarrassed to say that? Your hard drive is 2 years old?

You shouldn&#39;t be allowed to own a computer. Maybe you don&#39;t do power computing like I do.

I already sucked up 40GB of hard drive space today, doing some DVD editing with RAW non-compressed AVI files. I beat the hell out of my computer. There is so much crap on my computer, (and I am a pack rat). I have to sort the good and the bad. I have to clean house quarterly. It is a given. Computer hygiene.
    So I shouldn&#39;t be aloud to own a computer because I now how to keep my hard drive clean and not stuff it full of crap and adware? You are a fucking moron. [/b][/quote]
    No I am not a moron. Did you just call me a moron? I have no SPYWARE. My computer is clean and updated with the latest software for defragging, cleaning, anti-virus, firewalls, Adaware, HighJack-This, CWShredder, etc...

I have no problem keeping my computer clean from malicious material. That is not the issue

All that I am saying is, I keep my computer clean and fresh with a new &#39;install&#39; a few times a year. I write my own programs and experiment a lot with it. I do video editing and other projects. It is my preference to do this. It also keeps me in practice with Windows XP and many settings related with XP.

You can run your computer for 2 years without a fresh install, then more power to you...

...moron.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    So have you heard of right click delete???
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    As VB would say if he were here: if you want to swap insults, take it to the lounge.

Back to the original "choppiness" problem.

I suspect it is something to do with the installer. I had exactly that problem with an earlier release. I uninstalled and went back to the release that came with the card and the problem went away, but other minor problems cropped up. They were so small I didn&#39;t worry about them.

I got some new chipset drivers, which somehow caused the system to lose the graphics drivers, and when it came to auto-install it took the ones I had downloaded rather than asking for the cd. And somehow all the problems were gone.

There used to be a program to make sure all your old drivers are removed, don&#39;t know if it is still available. I suspect part of the problem is that the version numbering of some items isn&#39;t too great, so you can end up with a mix of versions which don&#39;t work too well together.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by lynx@11 July 2004 - 09:38
    As VB would say if he were here: if you want to swap insults, take it to the lounge.
    Oh, you bastard Lynx&#33; I missed a chance to slag off a numpty that formats for no reason&#33;

Also going back to the choppiness problem... have you tried a format/re-install?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@11 July 2004 - 04:38
    Never heard him say that before.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Using a driver cleaner? I had many problems with my 9700 drivers , first time I reformated in over a year was because of driver issuse&#39;s. But a driver cleaner is a must.

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12