Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adapter Question

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@13 July 2004 - 19:32
    You could pick up a cheap vcr that has s-video out. Then with the audio out (white and red cables), have them go into a reciever. Then you could have a nice sound system.
    Probably about $50 at Walmart?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    sell ti and get an lcd tv, less hassle and still slimline.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I had thought about the sound thing and found this. I'd like to test it somewhere and hear the loudness and sound quality though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by lynx+13 July 2004 - 14:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 13 July 2004 - 14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@13 July 2004 - 19:32
    You could pick up a cheap&nbsp; vcr that has s-video out. Then with the audio out (white and red cables), have them go into a reciever. Then you could have a nice sound system.
    Probably about &#036;50 at Walmart? [/b][/quote]
    negitive
    svid vcrs are expenseive, mine 2 jvc&#39;s were over 200.00 :/
    good luck finding anything new under 100.00

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by muchspl2+13 July 2004 - 18:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 13 July 2004 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by lynx@13 July 2004 - 14:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy
    @13 July 2004 - 19:32
    You could pick up a cheap&nbsp; vcr that has s-video out. Then with the audio out (white and red cables), have them go into a reciever. Then you could have a nice sound system.

Probably about &#036;50 at Walmart?
    negitive
    svid vcrs are expenseive, mine 2 jvc&#39;s were over 200.00 :/
    good luck finding anything new under 100.00 [/b][/quote]
    Who buys VCR&#39;s these days.
    especially for 200.

Those dell speakers are probably so shitey. Any pair of 20 dollar regular computer speakers would be better.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    What about this. Run the cable(coax) from the wall to the VCR &#39;in&#39;. Then from VCR out, connect an adapter (coax to s-video) to the monitor? Then use an identical adapter for going from the monitor to the VCR.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    muchspl2
    patching together a bunch of separate electronics will work, but you will lose picture quality and waist electricity
    I suggest you get one of these http://resellerratings.dealtime.com/xDN-Mi...a_CT1~CR-1~DW-0
    will do exactly what you want and as a plus you can "back up" tapes and DVDs
    (kills macro vision)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I think this is what you&#39;re looking for.

Didnt see any stores that sold vcr&#39;s with s-video out. Except of course that one above. Ill keep looking though.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    That doesn&#39;t have any coax to s-video converters. The conversion is the main problem.

will do exactly what you want and as a plus you can "back up" tapes and DVDs
    (kills macro vision)
    Backups won&#39;t matter. The monitor won&#39;t even be connected to a pc.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@13 July 2004 - 17:29
    I think this is what you&#39;re looking for.

Didnt see any stores that sold vcr&#39;s with s-video out. Except of course that one above. Ill keep looking though.

That thing is &#036;800. I&#39;m looking for an &#036;8 converter type thingy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast