Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help Building Pc Plz

hmm ok 1 more question....im done with everything....after i start it up....what do i have to do for the SATA??? theres a floppy that came with the motherboard.....what do i do first???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    not too sure how the motherboard detection part of it works...i guess it will show at post and in the bios you gotta make sure sata is enabled.

Then start setup, at some point in the beginning (after booting from cd) it asks you if u need any third party raid or controller drivers, at this time press the key it says, and insert the floppy for sata. This installs teh sata drivers.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    im trying to install XP but it says, "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your commputer. Make sure any hard disk drive are powered on and propery connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve in running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or set up program"

umm....when i try to install from the disk, its a bunch of different RAID things..should i just try to installl it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    there should be something there related to sata...i guess it may be called raid, i dunno, tried looking in the motherboard manual?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    ahhhhh i got it! i installed the 2nd 1 from the floppy instead of the intel thing....yay im happy now xp is now installing thx rossco and everyone else

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Did you end up getting the Samsung 710N LCD monitor?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123