Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipe Out Drivers? Old Ones Left Behind..

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If I reformatted and reinstalled every thing something wasn't behaving the way it should I'd never come here, I'd be too busy reformatting and reinstalling.

Seriously tho', it's a last resort kind of thing. Makes me feel like I'm giving up if I have to do it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes..after a few reformats awhile back.. I decided to learn how to partition and keep backup hardware..but even then. What if you backup the bad version of your system? heh, it only goes so far.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Here's a thought if you haven't already tried it.

Go into device manager (Control Panel/System/Hardware tab/Device Manager button) and select View/Show hidden devices. You should be able to see most of those devices and you should be able to simply delete them, but be careful with anything you are not sure about.

To be sure, remove a couple that obviously match the descriptions you've got, then run Driver Detective again and check that they've gone. You can clean up your system quite a lot using this method.

It is a good idea to turn Show hidden devices off when you've finished with it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12