Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Pc Is Driving Me Crazy!

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Originally posted by clocker+17 July 2004 - 16:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 July 2004 - 16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@17 July 2004 - 15:44

I tend to format once every few 3-6 weeks. For space and security reasons.
    What kind of extra space and security does formating provide? [/b][/quote]
    good question...extra space? ..
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Extra as in removing stuff. Not like I uncovered hidden space.

Mine runs smoothly I just want to make sure I clear out the 60+ GB of data I download each week. Dont want anyone confiscating my hdd
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I have scanned for spyware, viruses I have tryed all the other things on the page and the computer is still in the stone age i have an ati graphixs card

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@17 July 2004 - 18:37

Mine runs smoothly I just want to make sure I clear out the 60+ GB of data I download each week. Dont want anyone confiscating my hdd
    that wouldn&#39;t do me any good, i keep all my downloads and stuff ORGANISED on a seperate partition...so if i want to delete stuff i know what to delete and don&#39;t waste my time formatting the computer.

longest i&#39;ve gone since knowing how to format is about 2 months though.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Richiemana@17 July 2004 - 15:16
    For some reason the computer takes a while turning on, turning off and doing anything while it is turned on. Has anybody got any tips at all or know of any software to speed it up.

thnx :helpsmile:
    It might be helpful if you told us more specifically how long it takes to boot from a cold start, or how long to shutdown.

Time in seconds would be good, but you can go metric if you must....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@17 July 2004 - 23:37

errrr couldn&#39;t you just delete it

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+17 July 2004 - 16:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 17 July 2004 - 16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@17 July 2004 - 18:37

that wouldn&#39;t do me any good, i keep all my downloads and stuff ORGANISED on a seperate partition...so if i want to delete stuff i know what to delete and don&#39;t waste my time formatting the computer.

longest i&#39;ve gone since knowing how to format is about 2 months though. [/b][/quote]
    I burn everything I want to keep to discs.

I had 30 gigs of ps2 games a few days ago. But right now its Futurama and Family Guy that is using up 38 gigs.

@callum - it could still be recoved very easily.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+17 July 2004 - 21:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 17 July 2004 - 21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@17 July 2004 - 16:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy
    @17 July 2004 - 18:37

longest i&#39;ve gone since knowing how to format is about 2 months though.
    I burn everything I want to keep to discs.

I had 30 gigs of ps2 games a few days ago. But right now its Futurama and Family Guy that is using up 38 gigs.

@callum - it could still be recoved very easily. [/b][/quote]
    Who&#39;s looking though?

just delete the stuf far easier than formatting.

organise it for ease of deletion.

and to delete it use some program that will overwrite the deleted files when u delete them...

formatting isn&#39;t safer than using those programs...all it does is unallocate those files which is basically what deleting them does...it doesn&#39;t physically delete them.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Richiemana@17 July 2004 - 22:16
    My computer is a "PentiumŪ 4 CPU 3.06GHz
    3.07 GHz
    512 MB of RAM"

I think thats supposed to be fast but i may be wrong (probably am). For some reason the computer takes a while turning on, turning off and doing anything while it is turned on. Has anybody got any tips at all or know of any software to speed it up.

thnx :helpsmile:
    Download and run HijackThis, then post your scan results here.

:
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    I tend to format once every few 3-6 weeks. For space and security reasons.
    thats only good if ur like a super hard core gamer...and need every ounce of juice...personally...I follow the 3 step method....

1. Scan for Spyware
    2.Scan Virii...
    3.Scan Registry..

I find great results from using ADaware by Lavasoft.....but when using Adaware..dont do Smart System Scan...do the whole freakin thing because most of the crap found is not only cookies but prgm files....RegCleaner by Jouni Vouris..and McAfee 8.0.Also If you&#39;re talkin about startup time...have u resset ur drives to boot first? If you set ur CD Drive to boot first and if its reading a CD left in the drive...its a pain in the ass.....One more suggestion is that if ur computer is going slow online.and u use IE.....Switch to Mozilla Firefox...a relatively lean and clean browser...

Da Numba1Xclusive King

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast