Originally posted by manker@4 August 2004 - 17:47
You're wrong there. I've never, ever got a fake file off Suprnova and I'd be extremely suprised if you could point at even one right now. I don't know why you'd highlight Suprnova like that

Emule has it's share of fakes but nowhere near the proprtion evident on the fast-track network, as for Gnutella ... err who cares?
To clarify, you are correct suprnova is virtually devoid of fakes...BUT NOT SPIES! People are reporting getting cease and desist letters/emails from using Suprnova. These are only 1 step away from being sued (if they find you...meaning your ISP rats you out)...and might even be used as evidence of 'criminal intent'. At the least, your ISP might drop you if you receive 3 R&D letters (per month/year/century/ever... )

Emule also has a huge number of spies -- perhaps as many or more than Kazaa did at its worst. Gnutella has a bunch of spies too, but they're slightly easier to track there because of how network traffic is handled.

BitTorrent IMO is the fastest, but it's not a file-sharing network -- it's just a file-swapping protocol. It has no means of 'searching the whole network'...there isn't one. Emule is still semi-centralized. Kazaa and WinMX are proprietary. But only Gnutella (and to a lesser degree Gnutella 2/Shareaza/Mike's Protocol) is a truely open protocol, open network with over 300,000 users.

Gnutella is like a camel -- a form of travel perhaps of last resort but possibly a little more reliable than expected. Amazingly, if you're looking for anything/nothing in particular, you can download however fast your connection is capable...so long as you're not firewalled. (little different in regards there on firewalls than bittorrent.)