Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Bumped My Cd Tray, Can It Be Fixed?

awwww see screw driver! lol... told ya!... good job in fixing it...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Poster
    Thank God CD-ROMs aren't as sensitive as hard drives!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    well my cd EDIT: Rom doesnt read discs anymore any help there?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    It might just be the cd you tried, maybe its too scratched...

btw, thanks everyone for all your help!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    nope itz the cd rom... i tried it w/ multiple cds.... the cd rom is only like 2 years old.. i have even older ones that are still working... the ide plug is in and so is the eletrical..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    you've probably already done this but if you havent restart your puter. Sometime I get wierd problems like that and when I restart they work again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    yes done that many times... hasnt been working for months...o well just like 20 bucks for a new one... im using my cd rw as a cd rom drive rite now

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Poster
    I was looking around in the cd section of best buy, and a worker guy came over and started to go on and on about how if you house (or what ever has to be struck to short out stuff in your house) really messes up cd drives if they are reading at the time when jolted... maybe thats it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    ummm maybe... o well 20 bucks i will get another one from newegg..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@24 March 2003 - 01:23
    yes done that many times... hasnt been working for months...o well just like 20 bucks for a new one... im using my cd rw as a cd rom drive rite now
    You should use your cd writer as a cd rom anyway. Otherwise dust builds up on the lens, unless you are burning on a very regular basis. I don't have a cd rom, just seperate cd writer and dvd rom. I swap between them when using either as cd rom. it's better to use them regularly.

Otherwise what you are doing is allowing a layer of dust to settle over the lens, then firing a laser thro it.

Oh and that's good news about the tray getting fixed, always glad to hear a happy ending. A lot of people don't bother telling us. Thanks for that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast