Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Uk Isp

Originally posted by lynx@21 July 2004 - 10:39
    If you've got an NTL line, you will probably find most ISP's won't be able to provide you with a service anyway, they seem to be stuck with the blinkered "you must have a BT line" idea.

This has the double drawback of reducing people's reasons for switching to NTL, which keeps BT's line prices high, and little option of ISP on NTL lines, which keeps NTL broadband prices high.

That won't change until there is some serious competition in the Local Loop Unbundling market.
    Yeah im stuck with an NTL phone line so its quite hard really, i don't wanna get BT line but iv seen a few ISP's that are slighlty cheap and offer better packages for the money .

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Sorry I've been misunderstood. I dont have any landline phone what-so-ever I am on NTL broadband at the moment through a cable.

By BT I ment Bit Torrent. If I use ports 6881-6889 d/l speed is very slow indeed but on other ports it is 5-10 making me think they choke the p2p ports.... I could well be wrong but dont want to spend £40.00 a month for 12 months to find out i'm not.

If a 1M connection will get me good d/load speeds then i'm quite happy to stop with NTL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12