Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Drugs Were Legal...

Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lee551@23 July 2004 - 01:27
    take a box of pills or drink a bottle and its just like being wasted. but back on topic here...
    Tripping off the active ingredients in cough medicine is much more awesome then being wasted. So dreamy....................................................................................

Legalizing cocaine and herion might be that good of an idea but why not the psychedelics? There not addictive and much safer. Well, unless you have a bad trip and jump out of the second-story window trying to escape a monster.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Fighting drugs though the law is a losing battle. The only way to fight drugs is through education, and perhaps by creating a world from which people will not feel the need to escape.

I find the illegality of the posession of drugs bizarre, as I do many other laws that appear to be based on morality rather than for the purpose of the protection of innocents and punishment of people who harm others. (jesus that was a long sentence to say in one breath. Should there be a comma in it somewhere?)
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Twist3r
    yeah weed would be fine legal but hard drugs would make half the world fucking crazy, theres enough of them people allready

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    How many pot-heads are willing to "forfeit your right to sue your surgeon" even if your doctor does a blunt right before surgery on your loved one?

BTW, I'm just playing devil's advocate

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@3 August 2004 - 08:35
    How many pot-heads are willing to "forfeit your right to sue your surgeon" even if your doctor does a blunt right before surgery on your loved one?

BTW, I'm just playing devil's advocate
    Well, Alcohol is legal yet you don't see too many drunken surgeons operating.

Obviously if legalised marijuana would have similar restrictions imposed upon it. For example there would be driving restrictions while stoned, restrictions on operating heavy machinery 24 hours after a spliff, a ban on slicing people open after a bong - that kind of thing
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Alcohol is legal in Australia, and marijuana (sort of) isn't.
    Legal drinking age is 18, which is also the minimum age to get a driver's license.
    Fines for drunk driving are one of the largest money spinners for the police force. (and rightfully so, imo)

In Australia, weed is decriminalized, which means as long as you don't sell it, you are allowed to grow marijuana for personal use only, and smoke it in the privacy of your own home.

When decriminalization laws were first tested in South Australia, it was legal to have 10 plants in a hydroponic grow room.
    Hydroponic supply shops sold loads of equipment, and thier owners literally got rich overnight.
    When decriminalization laws were introduced to the rest of the country, the hydro business was so good, more shops opened, and jobs were created to satisfy the demand.

The laws were revised after John Howard (*cough*tosser*cough*) became PM, and the maximum legal amount of plants was reduced to 6, then 3 plants in the space of a year.
    Possession of more plants than that obviously indicated dealing, and resulted in a jail sentence.
    Hydroponic grow rooms were also deemed illegal and incurred larger fines and/or more jail time.
    Jobs were lost when most of the Hydro shops closed down thanks to Johnny, and his 1950s morals.

The legal maximum now is one plant, grown outdoors.

Truth: Alcohol is the number one cause of domestic violence in Australia.
    Truth: If dealt with in a mature and open minded fashion by the law makers, marijuana can be good for business, and therefore, the community.

Final thought for you folks.
    1. How many times have you seen drunken people fighting outside a pub or at a party?
    2. How many people stoned on weed have you seen fighting at all?

Pass the pipe buddy.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    [i]Originally posted by uNz@3 August 2004 - 02:57

Final thought for you folks.
    1. How many times have you seen drunken people fighting outside a pub or at a party?
    2. How many people stoned on weed have you seen fighting at all?

Pass the pipe buddy.
    Excellent point.

When it comes down to that last Oreo however....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Everyone here knows how to use google, so I won't try and bore anyone with an account of what thc can do to your brain, other than to say that reason you don't see many long-term pot smokers fighting is a} that they don't get or smoke their stuff publically.

And b} if they are really hard-core smokers they won't really get around to it.
    A proper stoner don't need to be smoking all the time to stay passive, the effects sort of linger.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I believe someone stole my sig.

making drugs legal would lead to a drop in crime...
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123