Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Just Bought My Dvp642 Divx!

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by muchspl2@25 July 2004 - 23:08
    shit just wanted to re-entreat that this dvd player should be bought
    its soo cool
    up till this point i haven't even heard about this (dvd player that plays divx and stuff). i already have 2 dvd players, xbox (i got the remote for it) and the dvd player on my computer (4 altogether ), but now i went out and bought the phillips, all i gotta say is I OWE YOU ONE MUCHSPL2 :helpsmile: . this thing is a work of ART!!!!!!!!,
    picked it up for 114 CAD!!!!

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...facture=PHILIPS

my god the quality is good, i burned a divx file (from suprnova, time machine, 1400 mb) into 2 discs (cdrs), and the quality pretty much stayed the same, this thing is fabulous plus i finally get to use my progressive scan omf omgomfg B) . but ya, i can't really get my rear speakers to work (6.1), and i don't want the rear speakers to have the same sound as the front 2 (or maybe i'm just lazy). i'll figure it out later, till then i'm gonna burn me some movies on dvd and watch em.

oh btw, does this thing play XviD? and if i burn say divx movies (big ones from suprnova like 1000mb+) like that movie i dled time machine (1400mb) and burned it to dvdr would it play on the player (i don't wanna waste 2-3 cds for one movie, instead burn like 2-3 really good qulaity movies onto one dvdr). I"M IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!! B)

p.s. picked up one of the last 2, the guy at the store (i know him, he's a very close friend of mine) said that these things go really fast, REALLY FREAKING FAST.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    muchspl2
    I haven't tried xvid yet, but its supposed to play'em
    as for dvd, I burned episodes 1-44 of ATHF
    some were vcd, most were avi and it plays flawlessly, wow now I can be lazy and stop converting movies

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by muchspl2@26 July 2004 - 14:11
    I haven't tried xvid yet, but its supposed to play'em
    as for dvd, I burned episodes 1-44 of ATHF
    some were vcd, most were avi and it plays flawlessly, wow now I can be lazy and stop converting movies
    thanks for the tip on the player, i woulda never picked it up if i didn't hear about it, converting SUCKS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    muchspl2
    well it just time consuming.... shit you're right, it does suck
    I can be lazy now and just download/burn

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by muchspl2@26 July 2004 - 21:35
    well it just time consuming.... shit you're right, it does suck
    I can be lazy now and just download/burn
    damn straight lol, and to think i asked u once for ur KVCD knowledge jp jp, great guide btw (and a lot of thanks in case i didn't mention it when i first asked u like half a year ago ) we are no longer oppressed by the tyrants known as "divx files" and there masters "xvids"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    May i suggest that you would be smart to upgrade your firmware (its a wonderful player ) The new firmware provides a little extra support for compressed files..down load the firmware here dvp642 firmwarwe and have a look at this link before you flash the firmware its 9 pages of interesting comments divx forums dvp642 thread (9 pages of fun) .This is one nice piece of hardware the only other piece i have that comes close is my new liteon sohw 812s flashed to 832s ready for the double layer dvdr's(liteon makes great burners lots of fun to play around with,many hacks and cheats available )

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    wtf, is this like a bios or something? not really familliar wit firmware/hardware stuff (just plug em in and hope it works is my way of thinking). i'll check it out, thanks for the link

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@27 July 2004 - 14:13
    wtf, is this like a bios or something? not really familliar wit firmware/hardware stuff (just plug em in and hope it works is my way of thinking). i'll check it out, thanks for the link
    ya pretty much.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i have been fully convinced to get this player with all the recent talk around here about it. i used to just burn all my divx/xvid movies straight to cd-r anyways, so i have binders full of the damn things

i dont have a walmart or a lot of electronics stores within 100 miles of me, so i think i'm gunna get in the out-of-stock-waiting-line for them @ amazon.com ($69.99 shipped). B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    muchspl2
    yes, you won't be dissapointed, such a great unit

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast