Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Just Bought My Dvp642 Divx!

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    quick question. i think i read somewhere that this player had a little issue with playing divx/xvid with ac3 sound. anyone confirm/deny this for me? if so i'll have to figure out a way to reencode divx/xvid with ac3 to mp3...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by lee551@28 July 2004 - 19:57
    quick question. i think i read somewhere that this player had a little issue with playing divx/xvid with ac3 sound. anyone confirm/deny this for me? if so i'll have to figure out a way to reencode divx/xvid with ac3 to mp3...
    i haven't done xvid (which is almost always encoded wit ac3), but as i type i'm burning "the pianist" xvid version to discs (2 cdrs), i'll post back and let u know. hopefully it'll work. (5 more minutes)

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    muchspl2
    its so cool to burn 15 eps of south park, 20 eps of ATHF and a 2 hour movie
    its da shit

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 July 2004 - 20:39
    its da shit
    hell ya! oh, sorry for the late reply (too busy watching pianist lol), XviD works absolutely fine on this thing, this player is the best!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Originally posted by cpt_azad+28 July 2004 - 23:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cpt_azad @ 28 July 2004 - 23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lee551@28 July 2004 - 19:57
    quick question. i think i read somewhere that this player had a little issue with playing divx/xvid with ac3 sound. anyone confirm/deny this for me? if so i&#39;ll have to figure out a way to reencode divx/xvid with ac3 to mp3...
    i haven&#39;t done xvid (which is almost always encoded wit ac3), but as i type i&#39;m burning "the pianist" xvid version to discs (2 cdrs), i&#39;ll post back and let u know. hopefully it&#39;ll work. (5 more minutes) [/b][/quote]
    well no problems with xvids with ac3 sound here (at least after the firmware upgrade thats all i can vouch for)..Have had an issue with one xvid out of about 25 with video.I think it can be fixed with rgb component (wish i had this on my tv) video cables and the progressive scan enabled.Also the audio on one xvid wouldn&#39;t decompress..Just decompressed the audio burned to a dvd no problem.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by accat13+28 July 2004 - 21:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (accat13 &#064; 28 July 2004 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@28 July 2004 - 23:02
    <!--QuoteBegin-lee551
    @28 July 2004 - 19:57
    quick question. i think i read somewhere that this player had a little issue with playing divx/xvid with ac3 sound. anyone confirm/deny this for me? if so i&#39;ll have to figure out a way to reencode divx/xvid with ac3 to mp3...

i haven&#39;t done xvid (which is almost always encoded wit ac3), but as i type i&#39;m burning "the pianist" xvid version to discs (2 cdrs), i&#39;ll post back and let u know. hopefully it&#39;ll work. (5 more minutes)
    well no problems with xvids with ac3 sound here (at least after the firmware upgrade thats all i can vouch for)..Have had an issue with one xvid out of about 25 with video.I think it can be fixed with rgb component (wish i had this on my tv) video cables and the progressive scan enabled.Also the audio on one xvid wouldn&#39;t decompress..Just decompressed the audio burned to a dvd no problem. [/b][/quote]
    (muchspl2 @ 28 July 2004 - 20:39)
    its da shit

hell ya&#33; oh, sorry for the late reply (too busy watching pianist lol), XviD works absolutely fine on this thing, this player is the best&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    like i said, xvid/ac3 = no probs. on my end using this thing, it works flawlessly. B)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    wait...whats so great about this dvd player...im not quite catching on...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl2
    nothing to see here, move along

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by muchspl2@29 July 2004 - 01:24
    nothing to see here, move along
    lol

wait...whats so great about this dvd player...im not quite catching on...
    OMFG, buy it or be a loser forever . come on i&#39;ll give u a hint "this player doesn&#39;t require to encode to vcd/dvd/wat-ever-format" hope that helps, p.s., try reading the original posts.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    muchspl2
    yea this player is da-shiznit going to put a few on lay-a-way to give away for x-mas

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast