Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

Thread: DooM III

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    anyone try the avidemo thing? do they actually encode it?

2. Games   -   #512
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    im downloading it..

anyone play it with a FX5600 yet?

and POST MORE SCREENIES with monsters

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Games   -   #513
    Poster
    How do you view the screenshots? They come up in a .tga format, and won't open.......reworded it to .jpg, but that didn't help either. I'm pretty sure this has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to look back through the 35 pages

4. Games   -   #514
    What works best for you? Bumpmapping makes the game look beautiful, but also eats up those precious FPS. Killing AA helps get some of them back, I'm just hoping I won't run into much places where AA is needed.

I have it at High, at 800x600, with everything but AA on, and it works REASONABLY well, as FPS jumps from like 50 to like 20 every .005 seconds. Playable though...

5. Games   -   #515
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I use 1024x768 with medium settings runs pretty well for me. I might chnge resolution down and add specular lighting or maybe go to high setting and see how that runs.

6. Games   -   #516
    Originally posted by blitz81388@4 August 2004 - 11:53
    How do you view the screenshots? They come up in a .tga format, and won't open.......reworded it to .jpg, but that didn't help either. I'm pretty sure this has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to look back through the 35 pages
    i recommend irfanview
    Irfanview homepage

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

7. Games   -   #517
    Many people like FRAPS. You can take short clips with it if you want but it will kill your FPS. It also shows in the top-right corner the number of FPS you are getting.

.tga file extension is for Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #518
    Poster
    i got a 2.4GHz P4 1024MB RAM and a 9600XT at stock speeds and im running it with all but the top feature on at and settings at Medium at 1024x768 runs pretty good i do get slow downs everynow and then but hardly any when in a fire fight. the game is beautiful deffinitly the best FPS EVER.

9. Games   -   #519
    Poster
    1280x1024, Medium Settings, 2x Anti Aliasing

Get about 60FPS sometimes drops to about 25 when turning corners or going into extra high detailed areas
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

10. Games   -   #520
    exo_body's Avatar Poster
    hey, can anyone explain why evreytime i play doom 3 it pauses, then goes white and then an error comes up about ati?i have radeon 9600 series and have the latest drivers, but it plays grand, its only them movie clips that make it stop.

anyone any ideas?