Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bowling For Columbine

Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    I'm a big fan of Michael Moore, and a bigger fan of the NRA. I realize that the NRA chose Heston as their spokesperson, but after watching his interview at the end of the film, I'm very disappointed. He seemed very "unprepared" for the interview, and I was shocked that he didn't have more to say. He didn't even put up a good fight.
    Proud member of MDS

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    A fan of Michael Moore AND the NRA, eh Jibbler? An interesting combination, Michael Moore is a fan of the NRA also, isn't he? Oh well. if Oldiesmom has her way let's meet in Baghdad and discuss it. I'll bring the Dixie Chicks CDs, you bring the beer...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    That sounds fair clocker! I'll bring the beer and the buds!

I'm a fan of Michael Moore, which is to say that I'm a fan of educated people who take the time to challenge wrong and right. I'm a fan of the NRA, because they help protect the rights of Americans to possess firearms and they promote responsible use of firearms.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    You're on! I'm sure we'll have hours of fun as I can tell we disagree about some things already, but we'll save that for Iraq. I prefer Newcastle Brown Ale and I'll supply the EZWiders. Hope we can get a fast internet connection there...

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Say what you want about firearms causing problems.

Currently in the states, every state that allows concealed weapons, (of course, with serious back ground checks, no felonies, and minor misdemeanors allowed, and training,) the violent crime rate has dropped since it went in to affect.

???

Whats this? You mean all these weapon owners werent running around "popping caps in everyones ass"? Nope. Its called deterence...

Say what you will about not needing guns. So be it. But in this country, the right to bare arms was faught for, and is guarenteed by our constitution. And in those countries that dont have this... if for some odd reason, and pray that it doesnt, a need for such defense comes, (lord knows it wont be some invasion, cuz we would prolly be there bialing whosever ass out anyhow), what will you do then?

You have to take the good with the bad. People are always going to find ways to harm each, guns or no guns. Banning guns isnt the solution to world peace, and ridding ourselves of violent crime. And when you do, what does it get you, an even bigger black market for weapons.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    I don't recall Michael Moore ever saying he wanted to ban guns, either in the movie or the several interviews I've seen the past couple of months. Nor have I said that either. I think the point of the whole movie was not so much about the right (or not) to bear arms as why is it that we Americans seem to be so enamored with killing each other with them. He points out that several other countries have just as many weapons as we do yet their death rate due to firearms is but a fraction of ours. Have you guys even watched this flick?

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23
    Say what you will about not needing guns. So be it. But in this country, the right to bare arms was faught for, and is guarenteed by our constitution. And in those countries that dont have this... if for some odd reason, and pray that it doesnt, a need for such defense comes, (lord knows it wont be some invasion, cuz we would prolly be there bialing whosever ass out anyhow), what will you do then?
    And that is Michal Moores point. Fear and anxiety causes people to purchase a firearm. Then if these terrified people comes across a potentional dangerous situation ( or something that terrifies them) they go straight for theire guns, which might just (and often do I guess) make things worse. Not to mention all the extra risk you`re getting simply by having a gun in your house, Like a child getting hold of it (and causing damage by accident or deliberately as in the case of the columbine shooting incident). I`d be more frightened from that scenario than someone suddenly breaking into my house and starting shooting at me. Might even be a greater probabillity of those scenarios in the latter bracket happening, what do I know?

As for your constitution, maybe that`s part of the problem if you compare the statistic of the USA with other countries as Moore did.

Guns is never a solution&#33;

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Liberal at its best and it just shows you that they dont care about the issue at hand. Only who is in office matters. If Moore thinks this war is evil then why isn&#39;t he protesting against Saddam. Oh I know because Bush is a Republican and if Saddam can send people through meat grinders and their families for being related it is ok because he isnt Bush. This is why the Democrats loose ground in the elections, because the silent majority has more common to fall victom to liberal lies and twists. Guess I know what the liberals will say to this.

9. Movies & TV   -   #49
    I must have the Readers Digest version of Bowling for Columbine because in the version I have Michael Moore DOESN&#39;T EVEN MENTION IRAQ&#33;&#33; I&#39;d love to discuss anyone&#39;s opposing views about the movie, but all this extraneous crap about Saddam Hussien and Bush is completely irrelevant. I ask again...have you guys even seen this movie?

Killdred11...It&#39;s a good thing that you know what the liberals will say to you cause they sure as hell won&#39;t be able to figure out what you just said to them.

10. Movies & TV   -   #50
    Looks like I opened a can of worms with my original post........as I always say there&#39;s nothing like a mass debate lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast