Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forgetful War Pigs Dressed As Donkeys

Kerry no-show in intelligence committee
    Missed 38 of 49 public hearings in 8 years
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39752

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry missed most of the public hearings of the Senate Intelligence Committee during his eight years on the panel, according to his colleagues.

During his tenure on the committee, which provides oversight of national intelligence agencies, Kerry was absent for 38 of 49 public hearings, according to Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.

"There's been a total avoidance of discussion of the voting record of John Kerry," said Chambliss last week, following Kerry's acceptance of the Democratic presidential nomination. "But that's not surprising. There's one area that he claims to have a lot of expertise and that's in the area of national security and on the issue of terrorism."

Chambliss said Kerry's vice presidential candidate, John Edwards, is a current member of the committee, "And I'll just tell you that in the last year and a half we haven't seen a whole lot of his running mate. And I would hope that he would agree to release to you the record of his attendance at meetings and hearings of the Senate Intelligence Committee over the last year and a half, or his total service on that committee."

Chambliss also questioned some of the votes Kerry did cast.

"For example, in1993 after the World Trade Center bombing Senator Kerry introduced a number of measures that were to reduce funding for the intelligence community by $7.5 billion, including a bill that he introduced in 1995 that called for the reduction in funding for the intelligence committees and intelligence communities by $300 million a year for five consecutive years," he said.

Chambliss points out those five years led up to Sept. 11. Kerry did not get any co-sponsors on that bill.

"He's been in the Senate for 20 years," said Chambliss. "Nobody has come to the platform to say, 'This is what John Kerry has done in his 20 years in the Senate.' They're not doing that because they can't do that."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by >SHOCK<^>WAVE>@4 August 2004 - 12:39

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=39752

Wow....... that is a middle of the road site. I guess this must be a balanced report

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    During those eight years how many closed hearings were there ( it being the Intelligence Committee, I&#39;ll bet they exist) and how many of those did Kerry miss?
    Public hearings seem to be mostly dog and pony shows to me...does anything of merit get done in them?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@3 August 2004 - 21:43
    You never did answer my question though J2. Personally I think that we’d be unstoppable combination.
    As long as you can spell potato, you&#39;re my man, Hank.

Shortly we should start choosing prospective cabinet members; have you any experience in the fine art of "cabinetry"?

Better have a few new candidates lined up for the Supremes, too; they&#39;ll be dropping like flies.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    QUOTE-VIDCC:
    J2.
    as someone that doesn&#39;t believe i probably don&#39;t appreciate your experience regarding religion, but i do live in Nm which is a reasonably religious area. None of the churches have sitting space if one doesn&#39;t get there early enough. I have probably the opposite to your experience....i get hassle for saying i don&#39;t believe.
    Now i have never denied that i could be wrong and i would never TELL anyone that there is no GOD..... but i am not afforded the same treatment in return.
    I am saddened that you feel that you are discriminated against because you hold certain beliefs.

I am positively stymied at the backlash against Christian expressions and values (that is the discriminatory part) but actually the proscriptions against religious totems of any kind is an odious practice.

Again, we are supposed to have Freedom OF Religion, and it is NOT a difficult concept to grasp.

I suppose agnostics and atheists are a bit put out at having no way to "express" themselves, but then, that is their lot: Tough Luck.

As to the race issue. We are Americans...period... What on earth is this..."i&#39;m irish American, Italian or African American", especially when many haven&#39;t stepped foot on their supposed homeland. Don&#39;t get me wrong here, ancestry is important and something to be proud of, i myself have mixed ancestors...English & American ..my wife has oriental ancestry, but be more proud of being who YOU are AN AMERICAN and not where your grandparents came from.

I agree, but only to the extent that to define one&#39;s self in this manner is used to lay claim to some irrelevant class status.

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with having pride in, and letting people know what your lineage is, but conversationally, I think it would be more correct (though redolent of klutzy syntax) to re-arrange the adjective phrase by saying "American-" first, i.e., in my own case, American German.

It saddens me that the USA, the land of freedom, needs to look at anyone differently...shame on us.

And I find it saddening that assimilation has gotten such a bad rap, and people who are "different" are so because that is the way they want it.

Immigrants need to read the fucking book, if you know what I mean; they aren&#39;t supposed to come to give the U.S. a dose of what they are all about.

Time to put the shoe back on the right foot.

On the double standard side of my beliefs i see us as humans...men and women and it saddens me that we have to call ourselves anything at all...we are citizens of the world.

We are "citizens of the world" only by geographic circumstance, vid.

Such grandiose, pie-in-the-sky phraseology can only lose it&#39;s naivete when everyone in the world feels the same way, and lives a life reflective of that same belief.

It won&#39;t be true in our lifetime.

I know that racism exists and i hate it and the USA in many areas has a shameful past and indeed present, but to me i don&#39;t see a black man...i see a man, an equal.

Once again, I agree, but it is high time all minorities (but especially blacks) celebrate the progress and equality they&#39;ve achieved, and forego the "victim" status favored by such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and tell them to stick their race-baiting and perpetuating tactics up their asses.

This is not to say the battle of racism has been won, far from it-but nobody should be fomenting the notion that things are "as bad as ever".
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Originally posted by j2k4@4 August 2004 - 21:32
    And I find it saddening that assimilation has gotten such a bad rap, and people who are "different" are so because that is the way they want it.
    somebody forgot to send the memo to these guys.

to any amish people who may be reading this on their kerosene-powered computers: assimilate, damn you&#33;&#33;1&#33; you, the cajuns, puerto ricans, etc are setting a bad example for the newbies&#33;&#33;&#33;

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by j2k4+4 August 2004 - 23:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 4 August 2004 - 23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@3 August 2004 - 21:43
    You never did answer my question though J2. Personally I think that we’d be unstoppable combination.
    As long as you can spell potato, you&#39;re my man, Hank.

Shortly we should start choosing prospective cabinet members; have you any experience in the fine art of "cabinetry"?

Better have a few new candidates lined up for the Supremes, too; they&#39;ll be dropping like flies. [/b][/quote]
    All we need now is someone to finance the campaign. I don’t suppose you’re married to a billionaire?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Originally posted by j2k4@4 August 2004 - 23:32
    Again, we are supposed to have Freedom OF Religion, and it is NOT a difficult concept to grasp.

I suppose agnostics and atheists are a bit put out at having no way to "express" themselves, but then, that is their lot: Tough Luck.[/color][/i]
    yes J2 and all i was pointing out that i have the opposite experience.
    I don&#39;t feel any need to "express" myself as an athiest, all i want is the right to hold my views to myself (isn&#39;t that what you want? ). I don&#39;t feel discriminated against in life for my views, just hassled sometimes.
    However if you want freedom "of" (and i think you should have it) then you shouldn&#39;t have the " tough luck" attitude to those that differ.
    I want freedom of religion and i would go to war to preserve that freedom but i don&#39;t wan&#39;t to be told I have to live my life in a certain way Because it says so in the bible or koran.
    I have in the past joined in fund raising activities for churches, financially and physically.... But i haven&#39;t joined in with the prayer.

[i][color=blue]And I find it saddening that assimilation has gotten such a bad rap, and people who are "different" are so because that is the way they want it.
    I was more pointing to the need for things such as the political parties chasing the "balck/hispanic" vote but it is a two sided coin and yes you are correct about some groups wanting it that way and this is why i went to the lengths to say with the caps lock on we are AMERICANS.
    Immigrants need to read the fucking book, if you know what I mean; they aren&#39;t supposed to come to give the U.S. a dose of what they are all about.
    I agree only slightly.
    At what point did the USA become set in stone. Should we have always had that attitude thereby have us following the native American way of life? of course not.
    Immigrants are what made this country what it is. They don&#39;t have the right to change the USA to make it a mirror copy of their homeland, (although we don&#39;t mind doing that to certain other countries ourselves), but they can bring fresh ideas and improvements.
    We have a great country here, doesn&#39;t mean we are perfect

We are "citizens of the world" only by geographic circumstance, vid.

Such grandiose, pie-in-the-sky phraseology can only lose it&#39;s naivete when everyone in the world feels the same way, and lives a life reflective of that same belief.

It won&#39;t be true in our lifetime.

I agree totally, all you have done is expand on something i wrote here.I wasn&#39;t being naive just pointing out something sad about humans.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Touchy, touchy, vid.

First: "Tough Luck"-What I meant was that an atheist might suffer a modicum of difficulty summoning a phrase expressive of that particular point of view: "I don&#39;t believe in Deities&#33;", for example, would seem to lack that particular oomph so often sought by the rhetorical point-makers in today&#39;s society.

I also think I was perhaps unclear as to my definition of "assimilation"; at this point, I&#39;d settle for a recognition that English should be accepted as THE primary language by ALL immigrants, and that they abide our laws.

If they feel compelled to practice their cultural mores, who am I to complain?

I myself spring from a particularly intelligent wellspring of Teutonic blood; luckily, coherent thought and discourse have not been totally forsaken in America-I would hate to have to evince stupidity in order to "jine up" .

BTW-I know you&#39;re not being naive, but unless I put that one right in your wheelhouse, you&#39;d not have the opportunity to point out the fact to others.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by j2k4@5 August 2004 - 14:22
    I also think I was perhaps unclear as to my definition of "assimilation"; at this point, I&#39;d settle for a recognition that English should be accepted as THE primary language by ALL immigrants, and that they abide our laws.

i wasn&#39;t being touchy...it&#39;s a pity that we can&#39;t really get a level of the "tone" used typing.

Yes this clears it up completely and i agree 100%, it wasn&#39;t so obvious at first and frankly i had to read the intial post a few times to believe what i thought i was reading and check to see who posted it

BTW-I know you&#39;re not being naive, but unless I put that one right in your wheelhouse, you&#39;d not have the opportunity to point out the fact to others.&nbsp;
    thanks for looking over me dad now can i have my allowance????

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast