Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System Restore?

no more like...i downloaded doom 3...and erased like 5 gigs of stuff....so it definitely wasnt the downloading...is there a way to erase the whole hard drive and freshly install XP??

it'll take alot of work to back all this up tho ....so i dunno if i wanna go through it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    thats easy

-if you have your HDD partitioned, just put all the stuf you wanna keep on the partions you WONT be installing windows to, else back it up some other way
    -insert boot disk
    -reboot
    -follow instructions (dont know them by heart, but you DONT want to repair windows, but install it........ now when you get to chose the partion to install it to, delete the partion it was on, recreate it, format it and install windows)
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    how do i know if mines partioned?? and how do i put my stuff in there?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    right-click on "my computer" and chose manage

goto disk management
    now youll see something like this:

Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bramstricker/manage.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

1) your drives
    2) your physical drives
    3) shows how your drives are split up

now if you have multiple partitions, you will, like me, have a hard drive that is split into multiple drives (here: C:, D: programs, E: Albums, F: Movies), it can be in any amount
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i only have my C drive partioned....so how would I back up everything in there so when I reformat, nothing gets erased?? also, would I only be able to save files, not like the settings and stuff?? like....would I have to install everything again?? thx alot

Image Resized
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/aaa.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12