Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morpheus Does Not See My Kazaa Incomplet Downloads

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by isamma@7 August 2004 - 18:09
    morpheus is like shaeraza in some way... but it can connect to fasttrak so it is different program than any kazaa based one . and so it has its own temp files.

i have used it for about a year before closing the project .. and now they released the new version .. i like this program.. but i wish if we have some lite version
    B)
    xolox IS morpheus lite

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by sonofdad@7 August 2004 - 17:58

Is there any reason why they(Since no one cares to read what's above this-" they" refers to the people behind multi-network file sharing progrmas such as morpheus) can't use or implement a technology that would make use of the fasttrack network to the fullest?
    define "fullest"

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Fullest as in- in no lesser quality and quantity potential of search results from fasttrack and subsequently no lesser download speed than when using kazaa(lite) or imesh.

Kazaa uses supernodes. does imesh use supernodes too?
    progrmas like morpheus(Xolxo-thanks for the info about xolxo by the way),
    how do theu use the fasttrack network?
    an is(or are) there any multi-network program(s) out there that use(s) all her networks including fasttrack in the best possible way?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by sonofdad@8 August 2004 - 03:08
    Fullest as in- in no lesser quality and quantity potential of search results from fasttrack and subsequently no lesser download speed than when using kazaa(lite) or imesh.

Kazaa uses supernodes. does imesh use supernodes too?
    progrmas like morpheus(Xolxo-thanks for the info about xolxo by the way),
    how do theu use the fasttrack network?
    an is(or are) there any multi-network program(s) out there that use(s) all her networks including fasttrack in the best possible way?
    well xolox will connect to about 5 supernodes, IF you wait long enough, and should give good search results.
    have you tried KCeasy? it connects to fasttrack, OpenFT and Gnutella

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Vargas@8 August 2004 - 10:07

well xolox will connect to about 5 supernodes, IF you wait long enough, and should give good search results.
    have you tried KCeasy? it connects to fasttrack, OpenFT and Gnutella
    How long a time should i give it?
    the point is, when i searched with xolxo, i got so much fewer results from fasttrack-
    actually, somethimes, when the results were not ALL(2-3) from fasttrack and there were more from other networks,it still gave less results(Less in a big way) than fasttrack alone through kazaa(lite) did.
    So how does Xolxo connect to supernodes, Does it changw them randomly?
    it seems to me that maye, the connection to the other networks, besides fasttrack, is also far from perfect and not in the same level as the real thing, meaning-the one network progrmas...Am I right?

Does openFT stand for Open Fasttrack?
    If so, what's the difference, are they actually different networks, or just connect differently or what?
    Haven't tried it(KCeasy).

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    christ dude, what do you think this is, 50 questions?
    How long a time should i give it?
    until is shows at least 3 supernodes when you mouse over the little (K) icon on the lower left of the program
    when i searched with xolxo, i got so much fewer results from fasttrack-
    actually, somethimes, when the results were not ALL(2-3) from fasttrack and there were more from other networks,it still gave less results(Less in a big way) than fasttrack alone through kazaa(lite) did.
    k-lite has autosearchmore, although some ppl think thats whats killing the network
    So how does Xolxo connect to supernodes
    the same way as all other FT clients. BTW it's spelled XoloX not xolxo
    Does it changw them randomly?
    no
    it seems to me that maye, the connection to the other networks, besides fasttrack, is also far from perfect and not in the same level as the real thing, meaning-the one network progrmas...Am I right?
    it all depends on what ultrapeers, hubs, and supernodes you connect to. the more networks you connect to, the more network overhead you'll have. i normally disconnect any networks i'm not downloading from myself
    Does openFT stand for Open Fasttrack?
    yes, and no. . . it stands for open file transfer, but it's really open fasttrack, they changed it so kazaa wouldn't sue them.
    If so, what's the difference, are they actually different networks, or just connect differently or what?
    it's like FT but it uses MD5 for file hashing instead of UUhash. (hey you asked) but yes it's a different network then FT

i hope that answers all your questions.

7. File Sharing   -   #17

Your Answer:
    k-lite has autosearchmore, although some ppl think thats whats killing the network

My Answer:
    So ,you're saying autosearch more makes all the difference in search results?
    why with kazaa, I will get hundreds of results and with Xolox for instance i will get less than 10-autosearch is the reason(did i mention it happends every time?)?. Why do some people say autosearch is killing the network?
    more people get search results with autosearch, why would it be suspect in destroying the network?.

Your Answer:

My Answer:

The same huh? so the only difference is autosearch more?
    and that makes the huge differnce of search results?

You said NO.
    So how are the supernodes changed, then?
    in kazaa, without the zupernodes, it's randon, is'nt it?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Insted of saying QUOTE use the fucking tags so people can read your posts and they dont look so horrid and fucked.

Code:
    [QUOTE]Your message here[/QUOTE]
    Makes:

Your message here

Your problem isnt that hard and alot of people could probley fixc it including me but im not gonna bother trying to fight with your posts to get the infomation out thta i need to help you.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by sonofdad@8 August 2004 - 11:54

Your Answer:

My Answer:
    So ,you're saying autosearch more makes all the difference in search results?
    why with kazaa, I will get hundreds of results and with Xolox for instance i will get less than 10-autosearch is the reason(did i mention it happends every time?)?. Why do some people say autosearch is killing the network?
    more people get search results with autosearch, why would it be suspect in destroying the network?.

Your Answer:

My Answer:

The same huh? so the only difference is autosearch more?
    and that makes the huge differnce of search results?

You said NO.
    So how are the supernodes changed, then?
    in kazaa, without the zupernodes, it's randon, is'nt it?
    use what ever app you choose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12