Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Pc Won't Boot - No Beeps

btw, did you smell anything from the computer recently?
    No funny molten plastic or solder smells?
    Not really no scent that I know of unless of the smell of the case
    Have you tried the moniter with anything computer system if avalable?
    Any bad nicks or slashes in the moniter cable?
    Yes I've used it with the computer Im using right now to talk to you. The monitor cable is in perfect condition, nice and black.

Do you not need to reaply thermal paste or a thermal pad if you do this?
    I always apply thermal compound on the CPU if I notice the metal area is exposed.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    It is sounding increasingly as if your cpu is dead, but before we assume that, how did you clear cmos? If the power cable was still plugged in then standby power from the PSU can often keep the cmos settings. To make sure you have cleared it, remove the power cord, move the jumper to the "clear cmos" position, then press the power button. This will drain all the energy from the system and ensure that cmos is cleared.

If you've already done that, can you borrow another cpu just to test things out? Preferably on the old mobo first just in case your mobo is blown too.

And to answer your question, dead cpu's still get warm, the electricity is still flowing through some of the circuits.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12