Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Good Antivirus And Spyware Progams?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    There are some preventitive measures you can take besides an anti-virus or scanning for hijackers after you are infected. Here are some free programs that help.

SpywareBlaster - Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareGuard - An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing, but for spyware! And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard. SpywareGuard now also features Download Protection and Browser Hijacking Protection...

IE-SPYAD - IE-SPYAD is a Registry file (IE-ADS.REG) that adds a long list of sites and domains associated with known advertisers, marketers, and crapware pushers to the Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer. Once this list of sites and domains is "merged" into your Registry, most marketers, advertisers, and crapware pushers on the Net will not be able to use cookies, ActiveX controls, Java applets, or scripting to compromise your privacy.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    Adaware 1.02 SE and Spybot: Search and Destroy for adware, Norton Antivirus for virus protection. It's saved me multiple times from viruses that weren't even done downloading from kazaa.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    n00b
    Spyware= SpyBot - Search & Destroy
    Adware= Ad-aware 6.0
    Virus= Trend Micro Internet Security
    <span style='color:green'> <span style='font-family:Times'> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>GraFX Dezigner&#33;&#33;&#33; The One </span> </span> </span>

<span style='color:green'> <span style='font-family:Times'> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> GlowStringer/Raver -4- Life </span> </span> </span>

Image Resized

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I just formmated &#39;puter a few days ago and only had Pest Patrol and Ad-aware SE 1.03 installed. I surfed the internet for 3 days without doing any spyware sweeps.

I noticed the system getting very slow and buggy so I knew I was loaded with sypware and decided to put the new version of ad-aware to the test.

It only found 10 cookies&#33;&#33;....I knew this was bull crap so I scanned with Pest Patrol and it found 135 problems then installed spysweeper and it found another 12 (3 cookies).

My conclusion on Ad-Aware SE v1.03 is that it is crap. It has a few new tools and the interface has a make-over, but that is where it stops.

On my way to use Your Uninstaller,
    Steve

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    dont you want a firewall?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by skelley521@14 August 2004 - 07:17
    I just formmated &#39;puter a few days ago and only had Pest Patrol and Ad-aware SE 1.03 installed. I surfed the internet for 3 days without doing any spyware sweeps.

I noticed the system getting very slow and buggy so I knew I was loaded with sypware and decided to put the new version of ad-aware to the test.

It only found 10 cookies&#33;&#33;....I knew this was bull crap so I scanned with Pest Patrol and it found 135 problems then installed spysweeper and it found another 12 (3 cookies).

My conclusion on Ad-Aware SE v1.03 is that it is crap. It has a few new tools and the interface has a make-over, but that is where it stops.

On my way to use Your Uninstaller,
    Steve
    Ad-aware SE has some bug fixing to do.. it crashed my computer to this message similar to the one that the blaster worm creates. But how is it possible to have that error message if I have the patch? So I ran Ad-Aware twice and both times it had the error. I uninstaleld it and that problem never came back.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Retired
    Antivirus: Symantec Antivirus Corp. version: 9.0.0.1400
    Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12