Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Jersey Governor Quits, Comes Out As Gay

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by Busyman+13 August 2004 - 14:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 13 August 2004 - 14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@13 August 2004 - 16:52
    didn&#39;t misunderstand.. just asking why the homosexuality bit should make any difference to the crime
    What crime? [/b][/quote]
    Not crime in the law and order can be sent to prison sense. It&#39;s just a term when something wrong has been done

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Finding out there&#39;s more to this than initially reported.

I&#39;ll post tomorrow when I have more time.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@13 August 2004 - 15:37

I said, that the guy came out of the closet to stop himself being blackmailed...

The fact he did this makes him GOOD for a Public Office.

Its a shame he&#39;s resigning.

I&#39;ll amend that for you, Rat.

It&#39;s a shame he&#39;s resigning, but cynically, he&#39;s not leaving office until late enough in the year for his post to be filled by his appointment rather than allowing the people of the State of New Jersey to vote on his replacement.

Funny; if he&#39;s so vulnerable (given that he&#39;s made a clean breast of it) he must resign, why not leave now and eliminate the "danger"?

What&#39;s really hilarious is that he contacted the FBI to report the blackmail attempt only to find out they&#39;d already been eyeballing the situation.

His appointment of his lover (An Israeli National, who couldn&#39;t attain American citizenship; he should&#39;ve entered the country via Mexico, eh?), a totally unqualified individual, to the highest state post as representative of the Dept. of Homeland Security is amongst the most inept, thoughtless, and outright dangerous political mis-steps I&#39;ve ever heard of.

So:

Kudos for being responsible in resigning, but for every other aspect of this fiasco, I think a public flogging followed by summary execution is in order.

Whatta jerk.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    His appointment of his lover (An Israeli National, who couldn&#39;t attain American citizenship; he should&#39;ve entered the country via Mexico, eh?), a totally unqualified individual, to the highest state post as representative of the Dept. of Homeland Security is amongst the most inept, thoughtless, and outright dangerous political mis-steps I&#39;ve ever heard of.
    If this is the case, then how could he legally hold a State Post?

Surely you must be a US Citizen in order to pay the Taxes that would be payable with a legitimate job?

In any event, if this is correct, wether a US Citizen or not...its a clear case of Nepotism.

However I see no difference between appointing someone because they are your "Lover" or because they made "Donations" either directly or indirectly... That appears to be the American system.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@14 August 2004 - 15:24
    If this is the case, then how could he legally hold a State Post?

Remember, the "State post" was in New Jersey, possibly the most corrupt state in the U.S.

The exception IS the rule in New Jersey.

McGreevey was under investigation almost from the moment he took office, apparently.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I don&#39;t even give him credit for having the gall to step down; I&#39;m pretty sure he was forced to by the DNC bosses due to the investigation. The idea to resign after November 15 is probably their doing too.

His former lover was suppose to file a sexual harassment suit the next day.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    it does appear to be getting curioser and curiouser..being investegated deeper than a 50 year olds medical exam

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by vidcc@14 August 2004 - 22:52
    it does appear to be getting curioser and curiouser..being investegated deeper than a 50 year olds medical exam
    I <s>represent</s> resent that.

Would it not have been better to have called a re-election, if that is allowed?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by bigboab+14 August 2004 - 17:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 14 August 2004 - 17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vidcc@14 August 2004 - 22:52
    I <s>represent</s> resent that.

Would it not have been better to have called a re-election, if that is allowed? [/b][/quote]
    So any right-thinking individual would conclude.

If he hangs in, though, he can hand-pick his successor.

The Dems are generally a lock in Jersey, but they don&#39;t even want a Republican on the menu.

I don&#39;t wonder why, do you?

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12