Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The All Time Classic

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Thats what I meant, I mean 20 years of practice is going to cost a lot

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 22:02
    Ever heard of this man?

He's holds a lot of records on different arcade-titles.

Among other things he was the first ever to complete pacman with a perfect score.

Not directly related but rather interesting, I read an article about him recently and found it interesting.

Imagine the concentration, and the nerves.
    Imagine a world in which Billy Mitchell never encountered Pac-Man. Put to good use his sharp mind, excellent hand-eye coordination, incredibly long attention span and his prodigious talent for problem-solving probably would have led the world into a utopian technological society by now. The human genome would have been mapped by the mid eighties. World poverty would have been eliminated entirely. The air and the earth would be clean. We'd be living in an age of unprecedented peace. Serbs and Kosovars would be frolicking hand in hand cracking jokes about their ethnic differences. Billy Mitchell would have a girlfriend. Instead, Billy Mitchell played Pac-Man and grew a moustache.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Which eighties game character are you.
    I am a Scorched Earth Tank.

When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.

(If you were not a Scorched Earth Tank you would be an Asteroid.)
    In all fairness btw, Bill Mitchell does have at least one daughter, and a wife, and back in those days those guys could get chicks, 'cos the arcade was cool, over there.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 22:12

In all fairness btw, Bill Mitchell does have at least one daughter, and a wife, and back in those days those guys could get chicks, 'cos the arcade was cool, over there.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by SnnY@14 August 2004 - 22:12
    I am a Scorched Earth Tank.

When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.

(If you were not a Scorched Earth Tank you would be an Asteroid.)

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I give you my word, I answered the questions as honestly as I could and this is the result.

I am really rather concerned about this. It's one of those spooky moment type things.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by J'Pol@14 August 2004 - 22:33
    I give you my word, I answered the questions as honestly as I could and this is the result.

I am really rather concerned about this. It's one of those spooky moment type things.
    I'd be more worried about Bruce Willis landing a shuttle on you and attempting to plant a nuclear device inside you.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by J'Pol@14 August 2004 - 22:33

I didn't have to answer any questions

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese+14 August 2004 - 22:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 14 August 2004 - 22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@14 August 2004 - 22:33

I am really rather concerned about this. It&#39;s one of those spooky moment type things.
    I&#39;d be more worried about Bruce Willis landing a shuttle on you and attempting to plant a nuclear device inside you. [/b][/quote]
    Nah, that&#39;s happened and it wasn&#39;t that big a deal.

However I was very, very drunk at the time.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2

I am a Base-defender
    What&#39;s mine is mine, and I make sure everyone knows it. Nobody invades my space without permission - I&#39;d destroy everything I own before letting someone take it from me. I tend to be forward-facing, which is both a strength and a weakness.

I should really stop missing a couple days then going back and bumping older threads I missed

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast