Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@17 August 2004 - 08:02
    what do you want to do?
    Fold and send money

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Viva Las Vegas!!!

:-)

Thats where the stakes are high and hot women are there too....well according to the show las vegas
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by manker@16 August 2004 - 23:48
    How is that foolproof?

You have to convince 110 people to trust you enough to wire you $10 and then you make $100 from the venture less the charity percentage. To convince 110 strangers to send you $10 I reckon you'd need to send out around a hundred thousand spam emails or pay money to advertise. Hardly worth it and why would anyone send you money?
    $100, less the charity percentage and the tax man will want a cut to.

If it was held on a well designed website showing a kitemark proving I was licenced then I think it might catch on

I don't think I was clear in my first post. I'm trying to get a licence to run this website and I will not run it untill everything is above board. If I do get licenced I would pay to advertise. Theres nothing dodgier than spam emails!

You can legally have a game at home with your mates right? You don't need a licence for that. I'm curious where the line is between legal and illegal gambling?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by 121+17 August 2004 - 11:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (121 @ 17 August 2004 - 11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@16 August 2004 - 23:48
    How is that foolproof?

You have to convince 110 people to trust you enough to wire you &#036;10 and then you make &#036;100 from the venture less the charity percentage. To convince 110 strangers to send you &#036;10 I reckon you&#39;d need to send out around a hundred thousand spam emails or pay money to advertise. Hardly worth it and why would anyone send you money?
    &#036;100, less the charity percentage and the tax man will want a cut to.

If it was held on a well designed website showing a kitemark proving I was licenced then I think it might catch on

I don&#39;t think I was clear in my first post. I&#39;m trying to get a licence to run this website and I will not run it untill everything is above board. If I do get licenced I would pay to advertise. Theres nothing dodgier than spam emails&#33;

You can legally have a game at home with your mates right? You don&#39;t need a licence for that. I&#39;m curious where the line is between legal and illegal gambling? [/b][/quote]
    C&#39;mon mate. Your business premis is flawed big time.

Your whole business strategy is based on one gimmick. Why would anyone want to do that? where is the fun?

But for the sake of this example, lets imagine that there were a lot of people willing to pay you &#036;10 to have a 110-1 chance of winning &#036;1000. Other established bookies would be able to offer better odds than that simply because they have other streams of income. They would be able to run on lower profit margins than you for this one gimmick, you&#39;d simply be priced out of the market.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 121+17 August 2004 - 11:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (121 @ 17 August 2004 - 11:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manker@16 August 2004 - 23:48
    How is that foolproof?

You have to convince 110 people to trust you enough to wire you &#036;10 and then you make &#036;100 from the venture less the charity percentage. To convince 110 strangers to send you &#036;10 I reckon you&#39;d need to send out around a hundred thousand spam emails or pay money to advertise. Hardly worth it and why would anyone send you money?
    &#036;100, less the charity percentage and the tax man will want a cut to.

I don&#39;t think I was clear in my first post. I&#39;m trying to get a licence to run this website and I will not run it untill everything is above board. If I do get licenced I would pay to advertise. Theres nothing dodgier than spam emails&#33;

You can legally have a game at home with your mates right? You don&#39;t need a licence for that. I&#39;m curious where the line is between legal and illegal gambling? [/b][/quote]
    maybe this could help&#33;&#33;

http://www.gamblingandthelaw.com/internet.html

6. Lounge   -   #16
    lynx's Avatar .
    There&#39;s plenty of online gambling already.

Example
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Manker,

It&#39;s just a brain fart atm What if you gambled £500 instead of £10? Thats like double or nothing. Do other gambling sites offer those crazy odds?

ck-uk,

Thanks for the link.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by 121@17 August 2004 - 12:09
    Manker,

It&#39;s just a brain fart atm What if you gambled £500 instead of £10? Thats like double or nothing. Do other gambling sites offer those crazy odds?

ck-uk,

Thanks for the link.
    You&#39;d get better double or nothing odds on a roulette wheel.

500/1100 = 45.45% - Brain fart

18/37 = 48.64% - Roulette

So yeah, other sites offer those &#39;crazy&#39; odds
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12