Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Update On Fst

Site Owner
    Just to clear things up, I am not selling this board. No money was involved in the partnership what-so-ever. After much consideration I have agreed to allow Martin to do some work and partner up wth me, to hopefully eliminate my costs for running this site. I am not getting paid to have him as a partner, rather I am hoping that he can bring more traffic, thus some ad revenue in to offset my expenses atleast.

Brian

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #82
    Originally posted by J'Pol@17 August 2004 - 20:03
    Have you actually read the shite posted at that link. The chaps are fuckwits.

Why does anyone have a problem with the person who operates this board making a profit. As long as the forum works well, is stable and is reliable that is all that matters to me.

I have no more interest in who is behind it than I have in why NTL provide my cable TV and broadband interweb. As long as it fecking works.
    Jpol,

I beg to differ.

I think we all have the inalienable right to post all the shite we deem necessary on the bulletin board and skin of our chosing. Rookie, although a poor college student who made an investment that is not paying off as he had hoped, must find it in his philanthropic heart to provide this service as we see fit and bend to accomadate our wishes.

And you're forgetting the dear monthly dues we pay.

Oh shit, I don't have a point!

I guess those opposed to skin changes and post count loss could either buy the board or start donating to Rookie to make our current setup worth his while.

It's a put up or shut situation, if you ask me.

I'm just glad we have a fast, secure, fun place to play.

Dumping old posts would be a very bad idea. I would leave the forum for sure. I don't want to re-invent the wheel.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #83
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I could live with changing the software or even ads/more traffic, but this
    # The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
    is more of a problem...

The issue's been posted earlier on, but not addressed...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #84
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123@17 August 2004 - 23:39
    J'Pol, I remember you being rather upset when 7thE reduced the width of the forums here; you having a 19 inch monitor. Well, with VB, you will be able to get by on about a 10 inch monitor.
    I checked the forum from the new admin, it's really ugly and not very busy. There were about six members online.

Maybe it's me, but I can compose music better sitting by the sea than in a hospital ward. Not a very good analogy but VB is so sterile and uninspiring. I suppose I just prefer the style of IPB.

EDIT: After visiting his site I ran an 'ad-aware' scan and found 5 data miner cookies in my cache.
    I wouldn't worry too much about what Ad-aware finds, I've often thought it was crap and tonight it proved itself admirably.

I also ran it after visiting that site. But first I checked for updates to Ad-aware. The only thing it came up with was that it thought having a start page of "about:blank" was probably a data miner.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #85
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Gurahl@18 August 2004 - 00:09
    I could live with changing the software or even ads/more traffic, but this
    # The Software may not be used for anything that would represent or is associated with an Intellectual Property violation, including, but not limited to, engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities.
    is more of a problem...

The issue's been posted earlier on, but not addressed...

Well, truth be told, we have probably been taken over by the RIAA...

@Lynx I like to keep my computer "clean", so I always run ad-aware after I visit 'new' sites.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #86
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123+18 August 2004 - 06:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 &#064; 18 August 2004 - 06:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> @Lynx I like to keep my computer "clean", so I always run ad-aware after I visit &#39;new&#39; sites. [/b]

My point (such as it was) was that I also ran Ad-aware. How come I didn&#39;t get any data-miner cookies? And the fact that it thinks about:blank is a potential data-miner shows just how useless it is at predicting data-miners.

Having said that, I don&#39;t permit cookies that go back to third party sites. If you allow those
    1) you may have got some which are blocked on mine
    2) you deserve everything you get.

<!--QuoteBegin-Mr JP Fugley
    @18 August 2004 - 08:02
    i would only care if it meant the people who i enjoy reading were no longer here, but quite honestly i could live with that too.[/quote]You&#39;d put up with it even if you didn&#39;t enjoy reading what&#39;s written? I suppose it takes all sorts.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #87
    That links thread looks just like ours(colors are the main difference). It also seems to be vb. So what&#39;s the big deal with the change of software?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #88
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by tracydani@18 August 2004 - 13:22
    That links thread looks just like ours(colors are the main difference). It also seems to be vb. So what&#39;s the big deal with the change of software?

TD
    It looks wanky

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #89
    Other then colors, I didn&#39;t see much difference Does that mean we look wanky

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #90
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    No, admittedly I havent looked at his board but the other examples of VB we were shown when the idea came up looked shite I&#39;m afarid to say

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast