Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Study Shows The Bush Plan Is Good

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 August 2004 - 18:31

Investment is the word.

The rich are compelled to get richer, and this is not accomplished by stuffing mattresses with cash.

Be that as it may, the quest for greater wealth doesn't imply any benefit whatsoever to the underclasses.

Us less fortunate benefit if the wealthy spend cash on goods and services that we provide.
    Bill Gates investing in Krugeraands may do him a world of good, but enrichens me not at all.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by clocker+17 August 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 August 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@17 August 2004 - 18:31

Investment is the word.

The rich are compelled to get richer, and this is not accomplished by stuffing mattresses with cash.

Be that as it may, the quest for greater wealth doesn&#39;t imply any benefit whatsoever to the underclasses.

Us less fortunate benefit if the wealthy spend cash on goods and services that we provide.
    Bill Gates investing in Krugeraands may do him a world of good, but enrichens me not at all. [/b][/quote]
    On a side note there are &#036;30 million dollar condos for sale in NYC.

Buying one helps provide jobs for cleaning crew, doorman, concierge, and building engineer.

What the hell do you know clocker?

Nice name btw, me bein&#39; from da hood and all.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@17 August 2004 - 19:53
    Bill Gates investing in Krugeraands may do him a world of good, but enrichens me not at all.
    Should it?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by j2k4+17 August 2004 - 23:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 17 August 2004 - 23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-clocker@17 August 2004 - 19:53
    Should it?[/b][/quote]
    Well, given the logic behind "trickle down", "yes" it should.

He (Bill Gates) gets tax breaks to benefit the economy, including the insane constructors of needlessly costly and frivilous clocks that only have aesthetic and not functional value.

Investing in Gold is the anti-thesis of this trickle down economic theory. In fact, it supports the concept that the more the rich get rich, the more more they want to lock it in.

Gold is bad for clockers.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    How could "dissipation" of wealth ever work? The entire concept of aquiring wealth is based on retaining money&#33; You don&#39;t get richer by giving away or spending all your money, you get richer by retaining as much of your income as possible and then using it to make more money (through investment). Ha&#33;

clocker - WOW&#33; How cool, we learn something new each day. Have you got any pics of clocks you&#39;ve made? I&#39;m sure we&#39;d all like to check out your handiwork.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by hobbes+17 August 2004 - 20:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 17 August 2004 - 20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 August 2004 - 23:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    @17 August 2004 - 19:53

Should it?

He (Bill Gates) gets tax breaks to benefit the economy, including the insane constructors of needlessly costly and frivilous clocks that only have aesthetic and not functional value.

Investing in Gold is the anti-thesis of this trickle down economic theory. In fact, it supports the concept that the more the rich get rich, the more more they want to lock it in.

Gold is bad for clockers. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think he invests all his money in Krugaraands, do you?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by Alex H@17 August 2004 - 20:21
    clocker - WOW&#33; How cool, we learn something new each day. Have you got any pics of clocks you&#39;ve made? I&#39;m sure we&#39;d all like to check out your handiwork.
    If he doesn&#39;t, I do.

C&#39;mon, Clocker, don&#39;t be modest&#33;

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by j2k4+17 August 2004 - 23:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 17 August 2004 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 August 2004 - 20:18
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 August 2004 - 23:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    @17 August 2004 - 19:53

Should it?

Gold is bad for clockers.
    I don&#39;t think he invests all his money in Krugaraands, do you? [/b][/quote]
    You asked "should it?"

I answered, "yes, it should." That was the logic behind his tax breaks via the trickle down theory.

As Clocker stated, it ISN&#39;T, but the gold is doing well.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4+17 August 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 17 August 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alex H@17 August 2004 - 20:21
    clocker - WOW&#33; How cool, we learn something new each day. Have you got any pics of clocks you&#39;ve made? I&#39;m sure we&#39;d all like to check out your handiwork.&nbsp;
    If he doesn&#39;t, I do.

C&#39;mon, Clocker, don&#39;t be modest&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I am not modest...just disorganized ATM.
    All new Windows install, halfbuilt PC and a mess &#39;o CDs...have no clue where the pics might be right now.
    If you want j2, go right ahead.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast