Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats Everybody's Speaker Setup

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah wattage aint everything....but it does have a little something to do with how loud it is. 100 watts is a lot better then 20.

I got some 4.1s...I had a picture but I dont feel like uploadin lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by harrycary@19 August 2004 - 22:56
    For the record...you don't need alot of power to get good, loud sound.

Meh, wattage means nothing to me or anyone with gray matter between their ears.
    Wattage is used as a marketing gimmick. Don't be fooled. The true specs can easily be manipulated to sell product.

Go to a fine audio store(not Best Buy, Ciruit City, et al) and listen to truly good audio equipment and you'll learn something new.

I use a simple pair of JBL Pro PC speakers and they sound particularly nice.

my .02¢
    I couldn't agree more.

Yes the best judges of good quality sound are your own ears.
    Don't be fooled by PMPO, PPO or anything other than RMS when gauging power output, but by the same token high output is worthless if the actual quality is piss-poor.
    Hardcoregamer's setup looks impressive doesn't it? But wait... where's the rest of the specs? What about THD? >85dB snr isn't that great and how flat is the frequency response? It's OK for manufacturers to quote figures like 20Hz-22,000Hz but it'll sound shit if there's awful rolloff either side of a 1-15KHz range.
    Not dissing your setup Hardcoregamer, just using your specs to illustrate a point.

Regardless, I hope you're all playing decent rawk on them.
    Reminds me of goons playin loud music while they drive - sure the systems sound awsome, but they don't appear to choose music they like as much as music that makes their system sound good.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Headphones.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+19 August 2004 - 19:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 19 August 2004 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-harrycary@19 August 2004 - 22:56
    For the record...you don&#39;t need alot of power to get good, loud sound.

Meh, wattage means nothing to me or anyone with gray matter between their ears.
    Wattage is used as a marketing gimmick. Don&#39;t be fooled. The true specs can easily be manipulated to sell product.

Go to a fine audio store(not Best Buy, Ciruit City, et al) and listen to truly good audio equipment and you&#39;ll learn something new.

I use a simple pair of JBL Pro PC speakers and they sound particularly nice.

my .02¢
    I couldn&#39;t agree more.

Yes the best judges of good quality sound are your own ears.
    Don&#39;t be fooled by PMPO, PPO or anything other than RMS when gauging power output, but by the same token high output is worthless if the actual quality is piss-poor.
    Hardcoregamer&#39;s setup looks impressive doesn&#39;t it? But wait... where&#39;s the rest of the specs? What about THD? >85dB snr isn&#39;t that great and how flat is the frequency response? It&#39;s OK for manufacturers to quote figures like 20Hz-22,000Hz but it&#39;ll sound shit if there&#39;s awful rolloff either side of a 1-15KHz range.
    Not dissing your setup Hardcoregamer, just using your specs to illustrate a point.

Regardless, I hope you&#39;re all playing decent rawk on them.
    Reminds me of goons playin loud music while they drive - sure the systems sound awsome, but they don&#39;t appear to choose music they like as much as music that makes their system sound good. [/b][/quote]
    Those fuckers at Logitech ripped me off?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by clocker@19 August 2004 - 18:30
    Headphones.
    oh come one clocker those things deseve more than just to be called headphones. those things are amazing&#33;

@ hardcore gamer, do they sound good in your ears? if they sound good then that&#39;s all that matters.

i&#39;m not sure what the wattage and other specs of mine are, probably not that great, but to me they sound really really good and even at really loud levels.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    maskawaih's Avatar Custom User Title BT Rep: +3
    creative 5.1 speaker LX-something2. the cheap one because its doesnt support digital sound for dvd tho.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+19 August 2004 - 19:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 19 August 2004 - 19:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@19 August 2004 - 18:30
    Headphones.
    oh come one clocker those things deseve more than just to be called headphones. those things are amazing&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    True,true.

Women find them irresistable, too.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    what kind of headphones are they?

I love the bose ones lol
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    creative 5.1 speakers, sound really good, cept my rears are at the side of me so it gets a little strange when the surround sound kicks in.&nbsp;

Also I am using my onboard sound and for some reason my speakers won&#39;t output as they should as in front left ain&#39;t front left etc etc. Good for games where you hear something behind you, turn round , only to find it in front of you&nbsp;

I have the same speakers, hooked up to a sounblaster 5.1 audio card.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@19 August 2004 - 20:47
    what kind of headphones are they?

I love the bose ones lol
    the bose headphones or my Bose speakers?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast