Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats Everybody's Speaker Setup

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    This:

and these:

with crappy onboard sound. A decent soundcard with optical out (any ideas?) will be the next purchase.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    @Skillian- HOLY FUCK! Very nice sysyem!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Skillian@20 August 2004 - 13:38
    This:

and these:

with crappy onboard sound. A decent soundcard with optical out (any ideas?) will be the next purchase.
    whta speakers are those? i'm looking around for some but really i don't know where to start in terms of brand and price. Looking to get good sound but low price. ideas?

oh and a nice sound card would be the audigy 2 or whatever it's called but for that price u could just buy a new motherboard with a nice soundchip on it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    muchspl2
    I'd win

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 August 2004 - 03:46
    I'd win
    You'd win what?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Simpler it cant get

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    mattesca's Avatar Poster

thats my system

it sounds very nice
    AMD Mobile 2400XP @ 2500Mhz 1.75Vcore = 2.5Ghz
    Abit NF7-S with SP-97 heatsink
    OCZ 2X256MB Pc3200 2-2-2-5
    Antec 400watt PSU
    120GB WD HDD
    MSI 9800XT
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Black Chieftec Matrix w/ 5BlueLED Case Fans
    800watt Sony/Bose Speaker System

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@20 August 2004 - 20:44
    whta speakers are those? i'm looking around for some but really i don't know where to start in terms of brand and price. Looking to get good sound but low price. ideas?

oh and a nice sound card would be the audigy 2 or whatever it's called but for that price u could just buy a new motherboard with a nice soundchip on it
    They are Mission 702e, bought them a few years ago for about £200 I think, have a really nice sound to them and cos they're floorstanding you don't have to find a shelf for them. Take up a lot of room though.

These are obviously home audio speakers rather than computer speakers, but if that's what you're after brands like KEF, B&O, Mission, Yamaha all do good stuff. Best bet is to look at the amp that'll be powering them and try and get a good match.

Amp is a Dolby Digital Sony STR DB940, but I only really use it in stereo unless I'm watching DVDs.

@mattesca, what amp and speakers? Are those speakers Pioneers, my mate had a pair similar to that?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+20 August 2004 - 20:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 20 August 2004 - 20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian@20 August 2004 - 13:38
    This:

and these:

whta speakers are those? i&#39;m looking around for some but really i don&#39;t know where to start in terms of brand and price. Looking to get good sound but low price. ideas?

oh and a nice sound card would be the audigy 2 or whatever it&#39;s called but for that price u could just buy a new motherboard with a nice soundchip on it [/b][/quote]
    Mission pseakers of some sort - 763s?
    They&#39;re a British company, as are all the best speaker manufacturers.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+21 August 2004 - 14:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 21 August 2004 - 14:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@20 August 2004 - 20:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-Skillian
    @20 August 2004 - 13:38
    This:

and these:

whta speakers are those? i&#39;m looking around for some but really i don&#39;t know where to start in terms of brand and price. Looking to get good sound but low price. ideas?

oh and a nice sound card would be the audigy 2 or whatever it&#39;s called but for that price u could just buy a new motherboard with a nice soundchip on it
    Mission pseakers of some sort - 763s?
    They&#39;re a British company, as are all the best speaker manufacturers. [/b][/quote]
    ya, i know that from all teh great british amps (guitar amps)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast