Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

|F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by booku
    ...Where does the original game come in place,you install the soft through your AR,insert the games disc after that?dont see it anywhere....
    The reason you need the original Agent Under Fire game (meaning the non-platinum version), is because the original game has a loophole in it. This loophole lets you install the new dashboard.

After you copy the game save (from first post) on to your Xbox hard drive, you load that save using the Agent Under Fire game. If all goes well, a ltools menu should show up. Then, you can install the new bios.

Hope this helped. The reason I didn't answer the PAL xbox questions is because mine is NTSC.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #502
    All right thanx dude thats clear now.Anyone here able to answer my question concerning the PAL issue and I`d be brave enough to try it out(if I get all thee stuff needed that is...).

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #503
    I just wanna say awsome tutorials!

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #504
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    All right thanx dude thats clear now.Anyone here able to answer my question concerning the PAL issue and I`d be brave enough to try it out(if I get all thee stuff needed that is...).
    After googling it, http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-93.html popped up. According to that (though I might have read it wrong), the Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell exploit doesn't work on the newest PAL xboxes (1.6).

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #505
    Hi I had a few questions about soft modding my box 1 I have a v1.6 I wanted to know if it would work with it, and what is the biggest hdd I could install if anyone can help me please give me an im on yahoo ,, my user name is chucky_digital129 thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #506
    h41mer
    Quote Originally Posted by |F1|
    After googling it, http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/xbox-tutorials-93.html popped up. According to that (though I might have read it wrong), the Agent Under Fire and Splinter Cell exploit doesn't work on the newest PAL xboxes (1.6).
    I GOT A PAL XBOX V16,IV BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO GET IT TO WORK,I GOT IT FINALY TO WORK TODAY AND DONE 3 PAL V16 XBOX'S TODAY WITH SPLINTER CELL IT TOOK 1MIN 27SECONDS EACH,I USED ACION REPLAY,SPLINTER CELL GAME SAVE,PLUS ORIGINAL GAME

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #507
    PHLAK
    This is my first post on this forum and I want to take the time to say thanks for all the help through the last 6 months! I have been using this thread for a long time. And I have modded over 45+ boxes. THANK YOU!

Now on to my problem. Last night I started soft modding a BRAND NEW xbox. It is a NTSC box. It was manufactured in feb. The mod went fine I believe, I couldn't tell because I lost video for the first time ever while installing EVOX. Anyways I turned it on and I have the EVO running just fine. I went to install a 120GB HD that was compatable! I started ftping all the neccasary files like normal ( i have done this plenty of times). As I got to the backup_linux folder with c.tar.gz zip file it froze at 95% while transfering. The xbox complete freezes everytime I do it? I have reinstalled the xbox 6 times and the same thing. Can someone help me out. I would appreciate it very much. You can reach me at [email protected] if you have MSN IM!! Thank you again!!!

EDIT---I also have other softmodded xbox laying around. Can I just use one of them to upgrade the HD in the new xbox? Or with the bios files be different?
    Last edited by PHLAK; 06-17-2005 at 09:11 PM.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #508
    I wrote a post and no one really replied to it so I was just wondering if some one could give me a heads up On if I can soft mod a v1.6 xbox and how big of a hard drive I could install in it. I downloaded XBOX_Soft-Modding_With_Guide_(FileSharingTalk.com)_PROPER this already has the evox dashboard in it right I just would really rather not hurt my xbox so I can use it and want to get everything straight before attempting to mod it I check this site about once a day so any help I can get would be great

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #509
    Question at the beginning of this thread the guide says to drag the entire zip file onto your memory card. Does this mean unzip and drag the files onto the card or the .zip file itself?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #510
    BR2004
    Question please???
    Do I have to soft mod my xbox to be able to ftp to it or is that something that can be done without soft moding it? Just curious while I'm waiting for my AR...

Thanks

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast