Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore's Acceptance Speech

Poster
    I would defend Michael Moore's right to speak out on the situation,just as I defend the right of Bush,Blair & their cronies to give us their 'spin' on proceedings.
    Whether or not I/we choose to believe a single word any of 'em utter is of course an entirely different matter.

Bodies in & around Umm Qasar were barely cold before the real reason for this conflict became apparent to all but the most stupid,or bigoted.

It was quietly announced that some yank company had ahem...won...the contract ($4.8 billion) for the 'administration' of the port,this war is about $$$'s needed to rescue Bush's complete balls-up of the U.S. economy..............anyone for a Big Mac ???

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    I'm pleased to know that some Americans actually saw 'Bowling for Columbine'.

I thought it was specially shot for the European public

His acceptance declaration was the best thing that could be said about this war in 45 seconds.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by puremindmatters@25 March 2003 - 09:48
    .Apart from that I didn't like the way Michael Moore made his statement, but I think telling people who have a different opinion to leave the country isn't particularly democratic - is that the type of democracy you are trying to bring to the Iraqui people?
    But what about the people (the "celebrities") who threaten to leave (i.e., deprive US of their presence), and don't?
    They were all sitting in the front row at the Oscars and constituted all the cheers that Michael Moore received.
    I've had a bellyful of spoiled-brat celebrities who almost demand to be worshipped for their "gracious" offerings of sociopolitical expertise. Funny, but I never hear them refer to the days when they had to scrape to eat; by the time they've "earned" all the attention they get, they're richer than Croesus and dumber than..........well.......Zardoz.

THAT'S IT!!

ZARDOZ IS A FAILED CELEBRITY LIVING IN EXILE!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by ketoprak@25 March 2003 - 13:13
    I'm pleased to know that some Americans actually saw 'Bowling for Columbine'.

I thought it was specially shot for the European public

His acceptance declaration was the best thing that could be said about this war in 45 seconds.
    @Ketoprak don't waste your breath.

There is no arguing with racists.

If these bigots could think for themselves they wouldn't support their own words
    and the fact they keep insulting me ( even though I haven't responded to them for days) shows their inability to comprehend the simplest ideas and also suggests to me that every word I have written about them is accurate.

They’re typical of the worst in America, against any idea that is perceived to be anti America (However incorrectly that perception may be), Anyone against an opinion held by any American results in a torrent of unintelligible abuse that proves the bigotry held by these people however well hidden with the odd 3 syllable word

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    insanebassman
    I do not take the opinion of the pope seriously at all, I would rather listen to the nausiating twang of the dixie chix..

how dare an organization responsible for so much death in the middle east and around the world try to look down thier nose at anyone.

The fucking pope has no legitamacy in world affairs other than the fact that he has crawled his way to the top of a political group like any other dirty politician.

As for Michael Moore's speach, take it the same way you would any other sheltered bitch. (Like Bush) He is ranting about having things his own way...(like Bush) Why can't we all just stop trying to get along and get the apocalypse (sp?) over with?!?!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by insanebassman@25 March 2003 - 16:08
    I do not take the opinion of the pope seriously at all, I would rather listen to the nausiating twang of the dixie chix..

how dare an organization responsible for so much death in the middle east and around the world try to look down thier nose at anyone.

The fucking pope has no legitamacy in world affairs other than the fact that he has crawled his way to the top of a political group like any other dirty politician.

As for Michael Moore's speach, take it the same way you would any other sheltered bitch. (Like Bush) He is ranting about having things his own way...(like Bush) Why can't we all just stop trying to get along and get the apocalypse (sp?) over with?!?!
    I agree the Catholics only stand on their pompous pedestal when it suits them.
    They completely failed to defend the Jews in WW2 because of what Hitler and musalini might have done when Italy got invaded

The Vatican is the home of Hypocritical Cowards; To clear up a few misconceptions about myself, I think most of the people in Americana (however I may dissagree with some.) are dedicated and brave. I cannot say the same for catholics.

Please do not attack me on the catholic issue you wont like what comes out.

I dont agree with your opinion an Michael Moore but I don't know any more of him other than he is a director of controversial films etc. and I don't completely understand the comment "sheltered bitch" I assume it's an American Colloquialism.

you also totally have a point with Bush.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 17:14
    I agree the Catholics only stand on their pompous pedestal when it suits them...
    Hey, I am Catholic! And have to agree with you. As a matter of fact I think the religion is out dated. Priests should be allowed to marry. Women should be priests too. Gays should be accepted. etc....

Why hasn't there been a real miracle in the last century or two. You know what I mean. Has mankind wised up with all of the technology? Why weren't the American Indians mentioned in the bible? Why hasn't God made at least one real visitation with all of this nuclear technology? Why hasn't the bible been continue, like "The Bible, Book Two"? God must sit back and watch life, like a non-stop television show. Toying with us, like a video game. What gives? If God always was and always will be, then he must have known (3 million years in advance) that the World Trade center was going to be terroristically attacked and destroyed! Therefore, all he has to do, is look up his virtual "TV schedule" and make plans on watching it all happen.

If you aren't baptized Catholic, you can't get into heaven.

I am sure there are a lot of religious nuts out there who will flame me for this, but no matter what they say, I can "say too".

What about that Muslim religion? Why do a lot of prisoners convert to Muslim? Why is Muslim sometimes associated with terrorism? Can you still go to heaven and not be Muslim?

It is going to take a LOT for me to believe in an invisible guy. Then when I do, I have to prove to you that my invisile guy is real and your's is not.

I need to watch Penn & Teller's BS series on Shotime more often.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    i dont believe in god

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by Spindulik+25 March 2003 - 16:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 25 March 2003 - 16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Zardoz@25 March 2003 - 17:14
    I agree the Catholics only stand on their pompous pedestal when it suits them...
    Hey, I am Catholic&#33; And have to agree with you. As a matter of fact I think the religion is out dated. Priests should be allowed to marry. Women should be priests too. Gays should be accepted. etc....

Why hasn&#39;t there been a real miracle in the last century or two. You know what I mean. Has mankind wised up with all of the technology? Why weren&#39;t the American Indians mentioned in the bible? Why hasn&#39;t God made at least one real visitation with all of this nuclear technology? Why hasn&#39;t the bible been continue, like "The Bible, Book Two"? God must sit back and watch life, like a non-stop television show. Toying with us, like a video game. What gives? If God always was and always will be, then he must have known (3 million years in advance) that the World Trade center was going to be terroristically attacked and destroyed&#33; Therefore, all he has to do, is look up his virtual "TV schedule" and make plans on watching it all happen.

If you aren&#39;t baptized Catholic, you can&#39;t get into heaven.

I am sure there are a lot of religious nuts out there who will flame me for this, but no matter what they say, I can "say too".

What about that Muslim religion? Why do a lot of prisoners convert to Muslim? Why is Muslim sometimes associated with terrorism? Can you still go to heaven and not be Muslim?

It is going to take a LOT for me to believe in an invisible guy. Then when I do, I have to prove to you that my invisile guy is real and your&#39;s is not.

I need to watch Penn & Teller&#39;s BS series on Shotime more often. [/b][/quote]
    I think as a total outsider that real Catholicism and your "god" has little to do with the bible.
    There is a lot of corruption and cover up&#39;s committed by people who may love god but more important that god is their personal power. Anything big enough will attract power mad fools
    The pope is like any leaders of powerful organisation especially countries where Prime Minister, president, pope have to be elected
    I don&#39;t know who wrote this "Anyone capable of getting elected should never be allowed to do the job"

I am not religious myself but like I said thing all get mixed up together.
    Certain people like this to be so, for political reasons and IMO this is also the case for Muslims they have been mixed with Terrorism because of politics, also certain Muslims commit a lot of terrorism, I cannot comment why except a lot of Muslims are persecuted mostly by the Muslim extremist’s not fundamentalist as is the common misconception.
    A fundamentalist if anyone doesn&#39;t know is a true believer in the fundamentals of their religion and very devout.
    Therefore the idea of violence for any reason is abhorrent to them.

Also Jesus is mentioned in the Koran more than Allah
    We all know that politics is rarely honest and it&#39;s just a pity religion can&#39;t be a little less corrupt

It&#39;s rarely the believer that can&#39;t be trusted and mostly the religion.

You would be in a tricky position even if you had to try and convince a fellow Christian let anone A Buddhist who believs in reincarnation.

I hope I haven&#39;t offended people on the other hand I expect some to react all the same.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I&#39;ve prayed once. I was in the middle of religious conflict : thousands of christians killed by muslims, thousands of muslims killed by christians. I&#39;ve asked God (or Allah, it&#39;s supposed to be the same guy) to stop people fighting in His name. Apperently it didn&#39;t work. I didn&#39;t try to believe in God again after that, and got into politics & human rights activism. Much more efficient

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast