Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control in the U.S.-The Truth

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    You know what's very curious?

Are King George's men going to come marching into your chambers and demand billeting?
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    You know what's very curious?

Are King George's men going to come marching into your chambers and demand billeting?
    Well if he's talking about old laws unrepealed he hasn't stated so very well

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    You get 10 beer stiens of vodka and gin in you and we'll see how well you state.

It's an archaic law, and it ought to be amended. Hell, if they'll ammend barring gays from marrying, they can ammend their "right to bear arms."
    so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    You get 10 beer stiens of vodka and gin in you and we'll see how well you state.

It's an archaic law, and it ought to be amended. Hell, if they'll ammend barring gays from marrying, they can ammend their "right to bear arms."
    Thought you were banning yourself for the binge

I was talking about CloudSeeder when i said "he"

If it's just an old unrepealed law dating to colonial times then it won't be enforced and therefore his statement about thoses states having lower crimerates wouldn't be because of these unrepealed laws.
    I doubt very much that such a law could be enforced today.
    As far as i am aware the "right to bear arms" is a right and not an order and no amount of local bylaws would or could make me have a firearm in my house

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Right and I'm saying why not?

Then keep going....

This is a step backwards to appease the NRA uh 'ers.
    Because it's a government encroachment on it's citizens for no apparent reason; if your going to ban anything; you better have a better reason then "why not?"

How Come I'm a "newcomer"?
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    seems to me that all these guns are just making up for having a small penis.

The bigger and more deadly the gun...the smaller the gunmans penis.

It's called over compensating
    Only people with small penises believe that.

Biggles-

Criminals here have been known to disregard gun-laws.

What do you make of this?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    must have hit a bullseye

Criminals have been known to disregard ALL laws....

How about we ban laws...with no laws to break that will bring the criminal population down a bit

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Because it's a government encroachment on it's citizens for no apparent reason; if your going to ban anything; you better have a better reason then "why not?"
    There are many solid reasons...just because you disagree with those reasons doesn't mean that there are none

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Biggles-

They do indeed tend to make a career out of disregarding most laws (although they tend to be quite keen on property laws if it is their property)

The thing is, how often do professional criminals gun down innocent home owners? I would suggest that out of the enormous tally of gun deaths in the US each year this is not a major feature in the statistics. I would also suggest that this is not because the firepower of (in Busyman's case) an entire aircraft carrier is behind the door. By and large an experienced gunman could kick one's door in and shoot all and sundry before you could say wtf!!??. UK criminals have guns - they shoot each other with them. They are rarely used on households which, because of our laws, are all unarmed. By the logic you are using we should all be raped and pillaged in our beds. We are not. Our problem is one of petty crime caused by a whole class of people who do not want to be criminals in the first place. Whilst some are undoubtedly violent most would either run for it if disturbed or actually stay to try and beg enough for a fix. In a case recently the old lady showed him her family album and he fell asleep. The police had an easy job removing him.

Unless your society is very different from ours I think it is unlikely you would see a rise in armed household robberies if you all threw your guns away.

However, there appears to be to me an irrational attachment to something 99% of you will never use. Tis a funny old world. At the end of the day, if you want guns you will have them - I just do not want my society to go down that route.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Thought you were banning yourself for the binge

I was talking about CloudSeeder when i said "he"

If it's just an old unrepealed law dating to colonial times then it won't be enforced and therefore his statement about thoses states having lower crimerates wouldn't be because of these unrepealed laws.
    I doubt very much that such a law could be enforced today.
    As far as i am aware the "right to bear arms" is a right and not an order and no amount of local bylaws would or could make me have a firearm in my house
    I did ban myself. But then, you see, I found my keyboard about halfway into it, and everything went tits up from there.

I fully admit to not understanding the strange fascinating Americans have with guns. I've been in many a long argument about it with the resident American, and the only reasoning behind it that I've been "made aware" of is: guns are just a tool! They aren't evil!

Which makes me wonder what, exactly, you use a gun for, if not killing?

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast