Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FOX admits Kerry news story is fake

Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Written by CBS...

uh huh...cause they know accurate reporting!
    The article is full of lib spin...
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Did you guys even read the quote?
    i did. i clicked on the source link and everything. directly after the spot where ZaZu clipped the article, MarketWatch reported "(CBS's parent, Viacom is a significant investor in MarketWatch, the publisher of this report)." disclosure of potential conflict of interest. seems like fairly responsible reporting to me.

i am also impressed with FOX News' willingness to admit that their reporters are creating and circulating jokes about Kerry being a flaming f@ggo. now we finally discover that FOX's reporting MIGHT be infected with anti-Democrat or anti-Kerry spin! indeed, this is a surprise.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 10-06-2004 at 04:34 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    The idea is is that it's pure opinion...that is not news.

Hows this?

During the Republican Convention in New York a month ago, Fox swamped the competition and had the highest TV ratings by far, thanks largely to the loyalty of its base.
    again, pure opinion trying to pass as fact.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    speculation: "in a seeming attempt to keep the story alive after it began to fade from view in other media organizations."

speculation: "thanks largely to the loyalty of its base."

the rest of the article consists of facts, facts, facts, and quotes from Fox News employees. when Fox News leaks out such a display of political prejudice, it is relevant to connect it to previous accusations of prejudice. the speculative/opinion part represents... maybe 5% of the article's total verbiage? it's a huge stretch from that to "pure opinion." quit yer spinnin'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12