Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The NationStates Thread!

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Spifreny is ranked 1st in the region and 15,083rd in the world for Rudest Citizens.

What?!? are they reading my Resident Evil Board messeges?

EDIT: oh; I looked up the rankings in "The World" and apparently capitalists are very rude...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think it might be because manners cost nothing.... and conservatives hate that

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    coincidence??????

The Issue

Secularists have been urging for the government to impose an income tax on religious organizations in Vidcc for some time now, and the issue has finally made it's way to the upper levels of the government.

The Debate

1. Self-appointed civil rights spokesman Prudence Christmas declares, "Churches are business organizations with a large income. It's unfair that they don't have to pay the same taxes that everyone else does. If they really do spend on any money on charity, let them write it off as a deduction just like corporations do. There's no reason that so-called clergy should be chauffeured around in limos tax-free, when we desperately need funds for public works."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

2. "Freedom of conscience is foremost among liberties", says Reverend Hack Wall. "Churches have been exempted from taxation because it is wrong for the government to infringe on the right of people to worship as they please, and that includes charging them for the right to worship. Besides, churches are non-profit organizations that put all their funds back into the community."
    3. The Honorable Beth King, Minister of Minding Other People's Business, has an idea: "This religion thing is such a great racket, why don't we make it a government monopoly? We'll ban all religions except the Church of Vidcc, and make attendance and donations compulsory. I'll start writing the Holy Scriptures right away!"
    The Issue

Tragedy struck Vidcc today, as a gunman killed three people in a suburban shooting rampage. The community is united in grief, but divided in opinion as to what should be done.

The Debate

1. The strongest voices demand tighter gun controls. "The only way to prevent further atrocities is to take the guns out of the hands of the murderers," says anti-gun campaigner Thomas Frederickson. "There's no justification for them in today's society. We need tighter regulations on who can hold guns, so only our police and military have them."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

2. "That's not all we need," says radical left-wing activist Stephanie Falopian. "The government should ban all guns outright--even in the police force. This is an opportunity to make Vidcc a totally gun-free state."
    3. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people," says NRA head honcho Jennifer Broadside. "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. Is that what we want? Think, people. The answer isn't to ban guns. It's to crack down on those Hollywood movies and computer games that glamorize violence. They're the real criminals."

Probably find some fundamentalist right wing gun nut put those issues and i'm going to have 100% tax and muderers letting loose in the mall with ak47s

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    aah, but clergy limos and chauffeures are not tax free...

they pay tax on the limo, don't they? and all services are tax exempt (at least here in AZ)
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    aah, but clergy limos and chauffeures are not tax free...

they pay tax on the limo, don't they? and all services are tax exempt (at least here in AZ)
    well i didn't make the issue... but the bit that said this
    If they really do spend on any money on charity, let them write it off as a deduction just like corporations do.
    seems fair enough to me

this is not Arizona...it's VIDCC the greatest nation on earth

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't suppose anyone stored this page before it went off-line, did they?

http://alces.sel.uaf.edu/gregg/ns/nsmap.html

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 152 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which

The large, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education.

ok...did it just call my government small and large at the same time?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Well spotted.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

there have been reports of people marrying housepets

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Why do you think he's called Rat Faced?

anyway...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast