Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Equality run amok!

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    As long as no ones getting hurt, i cant see why people shouldnt be allowed to do what the hell they want
    Blatent show of a society with no grasp of morality or decency if RF was ruler of the world...

Do you honestly think that this can happen with no consequences?
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Blatent show of a society with no grasp of morality or decency if RF was ruler of the world...

Do you honestly think that this can happen with no consequences?
    One's beliefs about morality and decency are subjective.
    For instance, Bush's code of morality and decency is total bullshit,,,in my subjective opinion.
    I believe in the right for gays to marry if they so desire, I believe in abortion rights, I believe there should be no church and state, I don't think there should be mandatory minimum sentences, etc.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Morality is not Universal.

You cannot interpret the Morals of another country, with your own values.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    The reason, I for one, am against gay marriage, for instance, is it skews what marriage is for children.
    So in that respect, you're against a man and a woman who are unable to have children, getting married?

That's gotta be the single most pathetic line of text I think I've ever read

By your logic, people get married to have kids?
    I know tons of people been married for years with no kids.
    You basically just showed yourself as a homophobic Congratulations, your white pointy hat and lil cape will be posted to you forth with

As for the rest of the topic......I discriminate only in retaliation, otherwise, previding no one gets hurt, Each to their own

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    OK, I've made what points I wanted to and see no particular reason to add to them but I'm perplexed. The reason I posted was because I wanted to speak against the assertion that gay marriage is a bad thing, I asked for justification of that.

However nothing was added after the initial 'Think of the children' plea, which was pretty much dealt with. I've read a lot of rhetoric mumbling about whatever next and the primary function of sex, which is very interesting at some level I'm sure, just not to me in this context -- Basically intimating that legalising gay marriage has some sort of relevance to legalising prostitution and the like or that gay people should not be allowed to marry because they have sex purely for enjoyment is, frankly, ludicrous. The depth of feelings the individuals have for each other surely supersedes all other issues.

I also completely disagree that people choose to be homosexual. Do you really think that a 12 year old kid just starting puberty is going to buck the trend and decide to become gay when all of his friends are talking about pussy in the schoolyard. It is quite the opposite, in the main that kid will deny his true feelings for many years before finally admitting to, firstly, himself and then others that he is gay. He will probably even try to make himself fancy girls but ultimately this will be unsuccessful because he prefers men. Everyone already knows that though, it's common sense but following is that people do not choose to be gay.

Busyman, why are yours and my feelings for the opposite sex worth so much more than that of a gay man or woman's such that we're allowed to commit ourselves in the eyes of the law but they should not.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Why should this discussion even take place?

It's 2004 , the year 2004!!..like the 21st century and stuff
    People's hang ups and worry's about people in love (I refuse to catorgorise) would be better directed at those blowing each other up, raping people, slitting throats, hurting, maiming, killing.......Most of those acts are by people who have no love, so a man/woman who loves someone of the same sex is worse than these people?
    Give me a break, wake up and smell what you shoval at people BM, I say if you disciminate against 1, then you must do it to all who are different from you, that would make you a very lonely individual.

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Jonno, I'm only using words like gay or straight to prevent my allusions becoming clumsy, I pointed that out earlier in the thread. I don't wish to pigeon-hole anyone yet it gets very vague when one refers to people with a predisposition to be sexually attracted to individuals of the same gender as well as experiencing other, less well defined, feelings of sexual attraction toward individuals of the opposite gender as such, rather than using a less accurate one word description, like gay.

I find it makes my point a lot clearer if I use the terms 'gay', 'straight' and 'bisexual' in a loose sense. No offence was meant
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I was'nt actually having a go at you

I meant , why catagorise at all?
    Gay, straight, Bi, whatever, all those fall into 1 catagory.........Human Beings

Besides.....the word "Gay" means "Happy"
    It has merely been twisted to mean something else in a derogatory way, originally because people said about being Homosexual makes a man all light headed and fancy free, therefore "Happy", hence the expression "Gay"
    I always thought it was a derogatory term, one that was originally started to take the piss and be nasty.

Jonno
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JONNO_CELEBS
    So in that respect, you're against a man and a woman who are unable to have children, getting married?

That's gotta be the single most pathetic line of text I think I've ever read

By your logic, people get married to have kids?
    I know tons of people been married for years with no kids.
    You basically just showed yourself as a homophobic Congratulations, your white pointy hat and lil cape will be posted to you forth with

As for the rest of the topic......I discriminate only in retaliation, otherwise, previding no one gets hurt, Each to their own

Jonno
    Maybe we can strike your whole post as pathetic.

1. No one said anything about people getting married only in order to have kids. I'm talking about how kids view marriage. If you bother to read the other parts of the post you would get something called context.

2. I'm black and don't hate.
    so forget that pointy hat and cape.

3. I'm not homophobic in the least. When I started working at Verizon, me and a friend of mine at work found out another fella we befriended was in the movie Paris Is Burning but we didn't give a shit.

If I was homophobic I wouldn't have gay male acquaintances.
    I would tell them all to go fuck themselves (pun intended).
    If I was homophobic I would have agreed with Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court when he blasted other justices saying they signed on to a "gay agenda" when they struck down that ludicrous sodomy law.
    I don't think gays should have to deal with workplace discrimination.

Everything doesn't necessarily work
    "as long no one gets hurt".

Many folks say gays are born and don't choose this route. I say they choose it as much as one chooses their favorite color. You like what you like.
    The one's that try to change their lifestyle and kill themselves over it and all that shit had mental problems. I say if you are comfortable being with a man over a woman that's you preference. Mine is tall, thick black women or to put it lightly AMAZONS!!!. Some folks like to be choked while having sex. You like what you like and I've seen it all.

My main concern is really just children. I don't want anymore influences on their little decisions and views.

Quote Originally Posted by JONNO_CELEBS
    Besides.....the word "Gay" means "Happy"
    It has merely been twisted to mean something else in a derogatory way, originally because people said about being Homosexual makes a man all light headed and fancy free, therefore "Happy", hence the expression "Gay"
    I always thought it was a derogatory term, one that was originally started to take the piss and be nasty.
    If anything, "gay" wasn't meant to be derogatory, it was meant to sugar coat (pun intended) the overall lifestyle.
    I know folks offended by the term black man and even African-American.

I guess everyone has something to jump about.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-11-2004 at 02:31 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    lynx's Avatar .
    Just to set the record straight, the term "gay" is an acronym. It means "Good As You".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast