Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown Device problem

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Also is there a way to reinstall the Audio and Legacy Codecs and that came with Windows.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    In device manager click on update drivers, with your sony disk in the cd drive. Then point to d:/ ,it should find them .
    I tried using this method but ended up finding nothing.
    I guess I have install the Sony Backups and find out what device it is and then reintall Win XP Pro.

EDIT
    The problem with drivers is fixed, I needed drivers for my memory stick drive.

But I still have a problem with sound, when I try to go to sound properties it doesn't open also I keep hearing the system beep everytime I play certain sounds.
    Last edited by dsa16; 10-07-2004 at 07:35 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    Wow it must have been a long time since I went to that site, did not know the username and password had changed, but thanks for the info because I do go there when I can not find a driver.

Its funny it has changed twice in the last month, was driver1 . Now you get a nag screen with drivers & all , lest you register . The games some play. LOL

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @dsa16, You should try installing from your sony cd first. You sound like you have everything there? Or try found new Hardware Wizard . See what that says .I know it should not be complicated, but you know computers, kidda like Murphy's Law.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    @dsa16, You should try installing from your sony cd first. You sound like you have everything there? Or try found new Hardware Wizard . See what that says .I know it should not be complicated, but you know computers, kidda like Murphy's Law.
    It's all cool now I reinstalled the sony backups and upgraded to Win XP pro.
    Thanks for the help

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster

Angry

Try the driver toolkit, it'll find the drivers you need;
    http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12