Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: President Bush's Church

Poster
    I couldn't find anywhere in the article I posted that said the Episcopal Church was the Anglican Church. They share the Anglican Communion, though.Episcopal Church

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    No, I just thought you were confused is all. Sorry.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    As I said earlier, I dont like commenting on one Particular Church usually.

However it appears to me, that if a faith is supposed to be "all inclusive" then that should include the Clergy of that faith/church.

If its not "all inclusive" then the worshippers should ask themselves some serious questions regarding their faith.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    more hetrosexual people have aids than homosexual and the increase in new incidents is faster in hetrosexual people
    there are also about 33 times the amount of heterosexual people as there are homosexual people. To try to dissuade the fact that AIDS hit homosexuals harder then Heterosexuals is a tricky job...go for it.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    there are also about 33 times the amount of heterosexual people as there are homosexual people. To try to dissuade the fact that AIDS hit homosexuals harder then Heterosexuals is a tricky job...go for it.
    HIV and aids are not the "gay plague"..they are not "Gods punishment" for the sin of homosexuality.

I don't care to accept homophobic views which was what the original poster was giving. I have not one ounce of respect for biggoted views and i don't care one jot for the "god says it's wrong view"...a view that is used as a cover for bigotted ideas.

You can spin figures or statistics to justify your reasoning but the fact is that it is more of a hetrosexual problem than a gay one.

But then to the point azad made, surely a long term stable gay "marriage" would take the risk of aids away.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Considering 5% of the entire population of Ethiopia was HIV positive in 1996, and that was considered UNDER reported.... and other African/Far Eastern Countries (eg Kenya, Vietnam) are also highly infected... I find this a very nationalistic viewpoint, as well as homophopic.

Its a fact that transmission relies on transmission of Bodily Fluids...

Its also a fact that, men transmit bodily fluids as a natural course of events...

Its much rarer for a female to pass it to a male, for obvious reasons... so that skews the stats somewhat.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    I find that the flinging of the term "homophobic" is all too abundant.

But, on topic....

Why do you all try to cover that this was a gay problem? (nationally, Rat)

Now the idea that God is punishing gays is simply retarded...yeah because they know what God does...

I do though think that being Gay is a moral failure, and AIDS hitting gay communities is a side effect of sexually promiscuous idealism.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    ruthie's Avatar Poster

But, on topic....

Why do you all try to cover that this was a gay problem? (nationally, Rat)

Now the idea that God is punishing gays is simply retarded...yeah because they know what God does...

I do though think that being Gay is a moral failure, and AIDS hitting gay communities is a side effect of sexually promiscuous idealism.
    A moral failure? Please... sexually promiscuous idealism? what is the idealistic thought in sexual promoscuity? Pretty much being promiscuous just means getting laid alot. Good thing you weren't a teen in the 70's. LOL
    The morality thing is a judgement. Does that mean you think all gays are amoral, or immoral? Sheesh
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    only people awith anti gay views think that...usually the same people that use that defense say things like"i've got nothing againsts gays..but..."
    Why do you all try to cover that this was a gay problem?
    It is a problem , but it's not exclusively a gay problem, it's a hetrosexual problem as well but that is ignored for convenience
    I do though think that being Gay is a moral failure, and AIDS hitting gay communities is a side effect of sexually promiscuous idealism
    And i have no respect for beliefs such as that....where is the supposed compassion? where is the good that you say church does in a view like that?
    I respect peoples belief in god but ever time i hear intollerant stuff like this it only confims to me that i am right to not believe

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I am not interested in getting involved in another discussion on homosexuality. However, I think it is fair to point out that Aids is a virus, nothing more or less. It was introduced at some point to the US Gay community in the 1980s. It also got into the African heterosexual community probably about the same time. Thousands have died in the US, hundreds of thousands are dying in Africa. World wide it affects the population in proportions broadly reflecting general sexual orientation. That it became embedded in a few small specific communities does not reflect its overall general nature.

One must simply hope that this virus never develops a pneumonic strain.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast