Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Board Rules.

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    No. If they dont agree with a MOD decision, they can PM that MOD, PM another MOD or PM Admin.

If the other MOD/Admin agree's with them, then it will be brought up in Team Chat.

However, I've changed my mind on decisions I've made after a friendly to and fro of PMs with the member concerned, you dont always have to go somewhere else... Friendly PMs will clear up 9/10 problems.

Team Decisions are not taken lightly... There is often a debate.

A Decision has to be made however. We get complaints about how long some decisions take to make... well, thats with 10 or so of us... How long would it take with 100? Im sorry, at times a decision needs to be taken..

If its a Team Decision, then its final. Whether the Team Decision is one i agree with or not personally, its still something i will follow.

This is called Collective Responsibility i believe.

If I actually believed it worked like that then I wouldn't piss and moan.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Cheese,

You know damn well it works like that.

You know damn well that MODs dont just follow like sheep, and we do make sure that our feelings are known on matters that concern members of this board.

We dont always agree on things in Team Chat. However, once a decision is taken by the Team, then we follow it.

Paul

Edit: There are occasions when the Team Members have been well upfront with the members on what they think about matters being discussed in Team Chat too
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 10-27-2004 at 11:26 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You missed the whole point. The last rule about discussing the mod decisions is to avoid the long and drawn out debates over simple issues. We see this just about every time simple issues are dealt with.

Long drawn out discussions never lead to an agreement and only creates more disharmony between the mods and members. Let's stop doing that. Private Messages might work better. Keep it to the people involved.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    You missed the whole point. The last rule about discussing the mod decisions is to avoid the long and drawn out debates over simple issues. We see this just about every time simple issues are dealt with.

Long drawn out discussions never lead to an agreement and only creates more disharmony between the mods and members. Let's stop doing that. Private Messages might work better. Keep it to the people involved.
    Sorta like we're seeing now.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    I'm a Mod on another site, if a Member has a problem with one of my decisions then I ask them to come to me with it, if we can't resolve it then I tell them to take it to another Mod who then contacts me and another couple of Mods, we have a QUICK discussion and decide what to do, I will stick with what all the Mods decide unless it's a very VERY sensitive issue which only crops up maybe once a year and we then get the main site Admin involved.

The Mods on this site seem to be very fair minded and are only there to help this site run smoothly which helps ALL of YOU, they are NOT there to spoil your fun.

If you try to respect all members then the Mods won't have to get on your case, it's down to you.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    marshall law
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Poster
    LOL look at the politics!
    Arbitrary decisions are made by a few, without notification, for the benefit of the community as a whole and are not questionable... can we say "Communism", children?
    You may not like that appraisal of the current rules but that's what it is, any way you slice it.
    This thread leaves an awful taste in the mouth - FST Council members please note.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by peerzyboy
    I think Rat Faced is right and the atitude of Entity is all wrong. A friendly Pm goes along way.
    I do send friendly PMs, just not to you. There are better ways to waste my time.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Smurfette, if you've got a better way of running this board then I'm sure the Mods will listen to it.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Smurfette, if you've got a better way of running this board then I'm sure the Mods will listen to it.
    Luvvit. Did you read that I disagree with the 'Party Line' attitude that these new rules propose? Damn right.
    When you don't like the way a meal tastes, do you show your mom how it should be done? No, you don't, so your childish comment is ungrounded, isn't it?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast