Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newegg

lynx's Avatar .
    It sound like something is really scrambled at the California warehouse.

Coat time, I think.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Okey-dokey.
    Now I get the free gift ( whatever that may be ), Newegg will eat ALL shipping charges AND I get free overnight delivery.

Supposedly.

As I have been promised a swift resolution to this nightmare by every sales rep since Tuesday morning, I am somewhat skeptical, but time will tell.

If I don't get a tracking number by this afternoon I get to call yet again.
    Soon I'll be on a first name basis with all the poor souls in the phone bullpen.....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    The nightmare continues...
    Still no action on the order.
    This despite my last sales contact claiming to have actually called ( apparently all past communiques have been by email) the warehouse supervisor who promised to personally place my package on the last outgoing truck for overnight delivery.
    As of this morning no tracking number and my "order status" on the website remains static at step two.

The situation has elevated to the status of grim hilarity.
    I have now been promised by six different reps that my order will be resolved immediately and nothing has happened.
    Newegg has offered free gifts ( unspecified nature) and the waiving of all shipping charges.
    The only thing they haven't managed to do is actually deliver the damn package.

I am open to suggestions....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    How about you tell them to send the whole thing free or you'll cancel the order and go somewhere else. Give them a deadline and if the don't deliver then never buy from them again.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    That's a good suggestion VB, unfortunately, finding the two parts I ordered from another source is not easy.

That might be my action of last resort though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    unfortunately, finding the two parts I ordered from another source is not easy.
    That could be the whole problem. They can't find them either.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Yeah do what VB said, there not gonna know if you even order from them again, its just the threat that matters.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Things should get interesting Monday morning.
    A quick check of the Newegg website this morning ( Sunday) shows that the price of the DFI motherboard I ordered (last Monday morning, remember?) has been dropped by $12 and the heatsink (Thermalright XP-90) is out of stock.

I wonder if there is actually a package with my name on it containing those two items that has been unaccountably floating around the California warehouse for the past week, or will I now be informed that the parts are not available?

Were I a betting man, I'd put my money on the latter.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Give them an threat. Say that your customer for the shop you ordered has gone else where becuase of the problem however which means you will just have to keep them for later use and that you are very annoyed and expect a massive discount or they can forget ever having to 'sort out' any more oprders from you.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Don't threaten them. That's fn ridiculious. Develope a relationship with one or more customer service reps. Sound frustrated & disappointed in the situation, not in them. Tell em a sob story how much this is inconviencing you, but be nice & polite always. Say this is costing you time & money. You're disappointed in Newegg, blah blah. Again ALWAYS be nice to the rep. Ask them how is Newegg gonna make it up to you. Go for a check or item(s) worth 20% of your lost order. Shipping doesn't count, they'll just throw that in 1st thing. And be willing to settle for 10%. Simple really. Newegg is easy. GL clocker.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast